Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
* Tell her you wanna take her out tonight just to show her off * And many more ways to praise her!
C) Praise her for her housework! * You mess up what she does, eat her food, wrinkle sheets - bed!
* Pro. 31:30 "Favor is deceitful, & beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she ......."
D) Do not criticize her, especially in public or in front of the family!
* Watch what you say and how you say it - "Stop a clock - time stands still." * "28 inch waist"
* So, the husband should love his wife above everything & anything in the world,
* He should praise her and not criticize her, but thereís a third thing:
(3) HE SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO HER AND LET HER KNOW SHE IS SPECIAL!
* A wife knows when her husband delights in her! * It makes a wife mad when she sees another
woman getting attention! * You should give your wife more attention than any other woman!
A) She knows when her husbandís job or hobbies means more to him than she does!
* A husbandís failure to give his wife attention or failure to give his wife first place is contrary to
the Bible! * 1 Cor.7:33 says that a man is to "please his wife!"
B) Once in a story I read ... The phone rang at 11:00 PM. * Across the line was the sobs of a
mother. * "I have to take $450.00 out of savings to buy your father a new TV."
* "Why, what happened?" * "He was watching it & I tried to talk to him & he wouldnít listen, so
I took a hammer and busted the picture tube."
C) "Oh Mom, you couldíve been hurt!" * "I know, but I really wanted him to listen"
* "You know what your father did? He got up & didnít say a word & went into the back room
and began watching that TV." * "He didnít say a word, he just continued to ignore me!"
D) This example may seem to be an extreme, but many wives are very offended by their husbandís
lack of attentiveness! * When the wife begins to talk,
* It is like a mechanism goes off inside the husbandís brain that says, Now is the time to pick up
the newspaper, turn his eyes on something else or start trying to solve the latest problem at work!
E) He may show his inattentiveness by just giving a blank look!
* But when it is his turn to talk, he not only demands attention, but expects her to remember every
detail as if the entire conversation were permanently recorded in her mind!
* Give your wife attention just as you want her to pay attention to you!
* Eph. 5:26, the word "sanctify" means to "set apart for your attention."
F) When a husband is preoccupied with other people, possessions, or activities, his wife doubts
his love and becomes insecure!
* Wives will never be interested in you fame, wealth, or possessions until she has your attention!
* So, the husband should love his wife above everything & anything, he should praise her and not
criticize her, he should pay attention to her & let her know she is special, and last:
(4) HE SHOULD PROVIDE HER A STRONG SPIRITUAL LEADER!
* Here are some marks of leadership a wife will look for in her husband:
A) A desire to serve the Lord no matter what! * She wants one that wont give up easy! (Tiger)
* His convictions are based on the Bible! * She wants one that will stand for right & determination
to follow his convictions! (She wants a man, not a wimp)
B) His example of love and forgiveness no matter what!
- All Sermons on Family
- Text Illustrations on Family
- Video Illustrations on Family
- PowerPoint Template on Family
- Scripture on Family
Join the discussion