Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
* Her load was to rest upon the camel and it would get her where she needed to go.
* She was going to meet her new bridegroom.
B) Life has its burdens to bear ... It is not all shouting and laughing!
* There are sobering and serious times that we must face as we walk along in this journey of life.
* There are things that are difficult for us to carry along.
* It was tough on the desert traveler when there was no camel.
* They had to try to carry the load on their own backs.
C) What a relief it must have been to turn the weight over to a camel!
* The camel is designed to be able to handle it! * In 1Pet.5:7, “Casting all your care upon ...”
* That word “cast,” is an interesting word ... It means “to throw upon” or to “roll over on.”
* That is what we had better learn to do with our cares.
* We had better give them to Jesus before they get the best of us!
* Jesus mentioned that mankind worries about what he is going to eat, what he is going to wear,
whether or not material supply is going to come!
* That kind of frame of mind is inexcusable, if you realize that God controls your today and
D) I heard about a man who on a dark night, rolled down a steep place,
* Caught a bush growing out of the rocks, and held on with a sense of despair.
* His muscles strained and his grips was kept for a good while.
* Finally his endurance level dropped! * He was not able to hold on,
* So in despair he let go of the bush! * Guess how far he fell after he let go? * About six inches!
* So many people struggle and battle with problems, when really they need to let go of them and
find the Everlasting Arms underneath them.
E) Someone has rightly said, “Worry is like fighting shadows.”
* Engineers on a rail train do not like moonlit nights! Why?
* Because they are all the time fighting shadows.
* There comes a shadow across the track just ahead, and it may look like a man, a horse, or a tree,
but it really isn’t ... It’s just a shadow. * We spend a lot of our energy fighting shadows.
* We hardly get past one trouble until we are looking for another one to come!
* Dr. Vance Havner said, “Worry is like rocking in a rocking chair, it gives you something to do
but doesn’t get you anywhere.”
* Get in a habit of giving God your cares, your worries, your anxieties, because he can handle
them when you can’t.
(2) THE CAMEL IS EQUIPPED FOR SERVICE! * Body temperature:
* They do not pant or perspire hardly at all.
* Humans sweat when the outside temperature rises above the normal body temperature, but a
camel has a unique body thermostat.
* It can raise the body temperature tolerance level very high to adapt to the high temperatures in
the desert, and as a result, the body’s fluids are preserved and water loss is avoided!
* No other mammal can do this. * The camel’s body temperature is often lower than air
temperature so they often group together when they rest to avoid excessive heat!
* It’s body increases and decreases with the temperature outside of its body.
* That is why you seldom see a camel sweating.
A) It’s eyes ... They are equipped for the sandstorms that would blow in the desert!
* They are protected by a double row of long, curly eyelashes that also help keep out sand and
dust, while thick brushy
- Christian Disciplines
- All Sermons on Christian Disciplines
- Text Illustrations on Christian Disciplines
- Video Illustrations on Christian Disciplines
- PowerPoint Template on Christian Disciplines
- Scripture on Christian Disciplines
Join the discussion