Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
You want to know what Godís will is? Then you need to read the Bible and pray and Godís Holy Spirit will give you the answer. Itís that simple. The problem is that most people arenít willing to put in the time and do the work to discover Godís will for their lives.
The reason so many Christianís lives are messed up is because they did not take the time and do the work to discover Godís will for them.
If you want to avoid lifeís hardships, wrong turns and missteps, then I strongly advise you to find out what Godís will is for your life.
2. Live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way. This is real simple and it doesnít require a rocket scientist to figure it out. Examine your behavior and ask this simple question Ė Is God pleased with what Iím doing? If the answer is yes, then keep on doing it. If the answer is no Ė then stop it!
3. Bear fruit in every good work. Are you doing good and kind things for others? Are you participating in the work of the Church? Are you getting positive results? Are you making a contribution to the overall success of your Church? Are you primarily a giver or a taker? In other words, do you have something good to show for your Christian life?
Each year, most schools have a ďBack to School NightĒ in which the kids show off their work to their parents. Iíve seen countless projects, art work, and sample assignments that my kids excitedly showed me during these ďBack to School Nights.Ē How many of you can identify with me here?
What if each year we had a ďBack to Church NightĒ in which we could show off our work to God? Would you be excited to show God what youíve been doing this year? (Pause)
Paul prays that we would bear fruit in every good work.
4. Grow in the knowledge of God. We get knowledge by learning. We all learn in different ways. Some of us are visual learners, some of us are ďhands onĒ learners, some of us are intuitive learners and others of us are cognitive learners. No matter what kind of learner you are, it is important that each one of us takes charge of his or her own continuing education about God.
One of the best ways to learn something is to teach it. So, if you are teaching a Sunday School class, you will automatically be learning more about God.
How many of you are currently in a Sunday School class?
How many of you have your own independent, in-depth, study courses to gain more knowledge about God?
Alright, the rest of you should be in a Sunday School class then. We provide them for all ages, so there is no excuse for not attending.
I pray that you grow in the knowledge of God, but I also make sure that you have opportunities to make it happen. If you donít take advantage of the opportunities, then youíre short changing
- Call of the Disciples
- All Sermons on Call of the Disciples
- Text Illustrations on Call of the Disciples
- Video Illustrations on Call of the Disciples
- PowerPoint Template on Call of the Disciples
- Scripture on Call of the Disciples
Join the discussion