How God heals our Internal Wounds
Sermon shared by Herson Gonzalez
Summary: We all need to be healed from our wounds. A doctor can heal a physical wound but he cannot heal inner pain. Even Psychiatrists can only deal with the mental state but there is a spiritual element they can’t. We all need the miracle of restoration. J
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
“How God Satisfies our Deepest Needs”
“How God heals our Internal Wounds”
God wants us to live a life of satisfaction.
Have you ever been hurt? A cut hurts, but we try to fix it. We usually try to stop the bleeding. We pay attention to our physical wounds, but there are other pains that take longer to heal.
We have all been hurt or hurt someone else. “Emotional wounds cause great pain”
All of us have emotional wounds. Emotional wounds are bad memories from our past.
There are things that happened in childhood, or just a few days ago that when you think about them, you cry. These are wounds and they still hurt because you have not yet healed.
We all need to be healed from our wounds. A doctor can heal a physical wound but he cannot heal inner pain. Even Psychiatrists can only deal with the mental state but there is a spiritual element they can’t. We all need the miracle of restoration.
“Only in God can we find the healing for our emotional wounds.”
Every time God revealed himself he was providing an internal need that only he can meet. Last week Jehovah Shama- Always with You
Today Jehovah Rapha – The Lord Your Healer – You are in the best place to be healed.
for I am the Lord Who heals you
2The Lord is building up Jerusalem; He is gathering together the exiles of Israel. 3He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows]
Today I want to talk to you about your emotional pain
1. Be Honest About Your Pain.
Psalm 39:2-3 2I was dumb with silence, I held my peace without profit and had no comfort away from good, while my distress was renewed. 3My heart was hot within me. While I was musing, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:
We will never be able to heal until we recognize that we are wounded. INFECTION
Where do wounds come from? Everywhere & Everyone.
Hiding your wounds makes the wound greater - for lack of instruction.
People that hide their pain grow old prematurely -
Psalm 32:3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted way through my groaning all d
Our emotional wounds won’t be resolved by ignoring them but by confronting them.
1. Try to forget them – “ I don’t even remember that” You can’t forget unresolved things – We become things we think we forgot
2. Try to escape from them – “I’m Fine” Drugs, parties, strangers
3. Try to ignore them – “Say that doesn’t exist” Biggest fraud about self. Ostridge complex
4. Try to blame others for them – My mother, father, sister, pastor, I wouldn’t be in this situation.
5. Try to cover them up – get super busy, activities
Three people we should be honest with
1. Yourself – “I have been wounded and it hurts!” “I need help”
2. God – He knows we are wounded but He wants for us to confess it to Him. Learn how to pray
3. Trusted Friends- We all need someone to share the things that happen to us in life
2. Free those that have hurt you
17Do not repay any one evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
If we want to be healed, we should free those that have hurt us.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion