How God Speaks To Us
Sermon shared by Shawn Drake
Summary: This is the 4th sermon in the series "Davidís Lamp".
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Series: Davidís Lamp (Kings Of Judah) #4
HOW GOD SPEAKS TO US
2 Chronicles 17-20
1. I commented to someone this week that I didnít know if I was going through difficult times because I was in Godís will or because I was not in His will. If Iím out of His will He will not let me rest until I change and do it His way. If Iím in Godís will I am going to face tough battle from Satan and I need to put on the full armor of God, and stand firm. If I just knew what God was telling me. How do I know what God is saying?
2. In the Old Testament God used various ways to speak to people. He used angels, visions, dreams, miraculous signs, etcÖWhat is more important than how God spoke was that He spoke. When God spoke to a person they knew it was God speaking. They knew what God said. They understood what God said. They had an encounter with God.
3. Christians, we too can have an encounter with God. When God speaks to you by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church, you will come to know it is God and you will know what He is saying.
Letís use King Jehoshaphatís life this morning to look at these four ways God speaks to us.
God speaks to believersÖ
Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 17:3-10
1. The Bible is Godís word to us when He reveals Himself and His plans to humanity. A person cannot understand spiritual truth unless the Holy Spirit reveals it.
2. When you read or hear Godís Word the Holy Spirit takes Godís Word and reveals the truth of it to you.
3. Once God has spoken to you through His Word how you respond is very important. You must adjust you life to the truth. Once you adjust you life, you then must obey Godís Word to you.
God speaks to believers through the Bible andÖ
2 Chronicles 18:28-34
1. God speaks to us through things that happen in our lives. Some times those circumstances happen because God is growing us. Sometimes they happen because of sin in our life and God is correcting us.
2. When you are in the middle of the circumstance it is hard to see God, but just remember that God is still there.
3. What should we do? Notice that God is at work, adjust your life, and let God continue to work so that He can accomplish His purpose through us. God speaks to believers through the Bible, through circumstances, andÖ
Through The Church
2 Chronicles 19:1-3
1. The Church is made up of all Christians. The church is the Body of Christ and God uses each member of the Body to help the other parts.
2. God speaks to us through other Christians. Sometimes it comes in the form of a good ďlining outĒ. Christians, be careful that you go to a Christian Brother or sister to correct and that your motives are love and a desire that they will be restores. If your motive is anything else, you will just a negative critical person that tears people down.
3. How do we hear God through other believers? Listen, adjust what you are doing, and let God use you to strengthen the body.
God speaks to believers through the Bible, through Circumstances, through the church, andÖ
2 Chronicles 20:5-17
1. Prayer is two way fellowship and communication with God. You speak to God and He speaks to you.
2. God takes the initiative by causing you to want to pray. The Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and reveals to you the will of God. In the Spirit
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion