Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
2 Peter 1:9
A. Sight, what a wonderful sense
1. We take it for granted
2. Those who have never had it can’t really comprehend it magnificence
3. But those who have had it and lost it – what a loss!
4. It is a very important part of each of our lives.
B. Up until I was 40, or so, my vision was 20/20 without glasses
1. But somewhere around 42, 43, I started having head aches more often
a. I tried caffeine, eye drops, and Tylenol
b. Finally, for what ever reason, I went to the optometrist
c. I found out I had a condition known as “Presbyopia” (a progressive loss of the power for my eyes to accommodate near vision” - My eyes were constantly straining to focus on what I was reading, so I got reading glasses.
2. Then around 44 I went to reading glasses being put into a bi-focal so I could read and see all of you at the same time without removing my glasses.
3. Then around 45, I had to go to a true bi-focal (my presbyopia had turned to hyperopia (far sightedness), adding correction to all aspects of my sight
4. And as I speak to you this morning I need to make an appointment to have them checked again because I am having more problems.
5. From this I realized that we can slowly drift from very good sight to poor sight, and if we do not heed the warning signs we can begin to live life on a much lower level of health and clarity.
a. I did not just wake up one morning and say, “Oh, I can’t read that line.”
b. It was a gradual thing.
C. And It can be the same spiritually
1. Many of God’s children have lost a measure of clarity, and may not even know it, even though it is what is causing them headaches.
a. Spiritual speaking, some are far sighted, not being able to see up close
b. But probably the most prevalent condition for Christians is being near sighted - not being able to see afar off
2. Could it be that some of us might just need an adjustment to our spiritual eyes so that we might see better, that is clearer, without the headaches.
3. We need to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
a. It is He who can clear up our near or far sightedness.
b. He is the great physician – the great optometrist
4. It is He who can make sight crystal clear and clear up our headaches!
5. Our opening passage for this morning 2 Peter 1:9 states, But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
6. In order to correct our vision God may have to correct our sight as it
a. Deals With Our Salvation
b. Deals With Our Activities of Life
c. Deals With Our Eternal Perspective
7. May God open our eyes to the spiritual things in our lives that need to be seen and corrected!
Lets begin by looking at how God may have to correct our sight as it
I. DEALS WITH OUR SALVATION
A. John 1:29 …John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
1. One of the most significant problems we have as Christians is that we often loss sight of who Jesus is and what Christ really did for us.
2. As John the Baptist introduced Jesus to the public for the first time he referred to Him as the Lamb of God which takes
- All Sermons on Disciples
- Text Illustrations on Disciples
- Video Illustrations on Disciples
- PowerPoint Template on Disciples
- Scripture on Disciples
Join the discussion