How Much Are You Worth ?
Sermon shared by Tim Gibson
Summary: What is your true worth ?
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
This story shows that Peter and John’s worth was not
as the world measures it. They had given up such wordly wealth (see Matthew 4-18-22) but they were now worth much more! John was named the ’beloved’ of Jesus (John 21:20) and Peter was later called a ’pillar’ in
the church (Galatians 2:9) - of worth much in the Kingdom of God.
Peter expressed this true worth in his Epistle - 1 Peter 1:7
(2) We are worth as much as we...
(a) Glorify God (verse 1 - ’ went up together..at the hour of prayer’)
Must first realize we are unworthy and only God is worthy (1 Corinthians 15:9-10, Luke 15:19)
(b) Go For God (verse 4 - they went over to the lost soul)
Our true worth is found in doing God’s will, going where He sends us (2 Thessalonians 1:11, Ephesians 4:1)
(c) Give For God (verse 6 - ’what I have I give...’)
What did Peter have to give ? He had the name (character and authority) of Jesus! We are worth only
as much as we have to give of Jesus in our life.
(3) Conclusion: We are worth nothing on our own - our true worth is in letting God be worthy through us!
Small Group Discussion Questions....
Read Acts 3:1-10
1. Previously, how do you think Peter and John viewed their worth as human beings ? How does the world
value individuals ? How about you ?
2. Peter and John have less money than previously and often no where to lay their heads - are they worth less now than before ? Discuss what true worth is.
3. What is it Peter has to give ? Discuss ... how true is this in your own life ? Pray for each other.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion