Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
How to Fully Realize the Fact That God Works All Things Together for Good
6. When you do feel angry realize that it is telling you that something is wrong. Anger is a signal that we think we are in danger of losing something that matters to us.
Illustration: Be more like Joseph and surrender even the most important securities one has to the Lordís care. Then we will be able to enjoy the peace that passes all human understanding. Joseph allowed God to carry out His broader plan through him regardless of the pain, anger and fear of uncertainty he must have felt by being sold into slavery in Egypt.
He said to his brothers at the end of his 18 years in the captivity, "You meant it for evil, but God turned it for good for the saving of many lives." (Gen 50:20)
Application: The Lord is always able to turn tragedies into greater triumphs. Do not think that everything has to go your way in order to see Godís plans, processes and performances carried out in your life.
8. Let sadness be a pathway to greater joy in your life. Feelings of sadness signal hurts that need to be processed. Often sadness is a warning light that allows you to attend to some problem that needs fixing before the engine of your heart can operate at full capacity.
Application: Do not deny your feelings of sadness but give them to the Lord and He will sustain you. Otherwise you will be unable to love, laugh and feel the needs in the lives of other people and become insensitive. People who suppress their grief become depressed, prone to illness and resort to overeating or other substance abuses that indicate they are relying on an unhealthy crutch instead of praising God for His great love, joy and fulfillment.
Illustration: "David wrote, "You will make known to me the paths of life. In your presence is fullness of joy and in your right hand are pleasures for evermore." (Psa. 16:11)Sing of the mercies of the Lord forever.
9. Give all of your fears, feelings of uncertainty and doubts over to the Lordís care. Those who try to deny fear keep themselves out of touch with the humble position we are in by having to depend on God for courage. Paul wrote, "God has not given us the Spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7)
Application: Only when we are willing to admit that fear drives us to greater dependence on the Lord are we able to see the advantages that feelings of fear create.
Illustration: God said to Isaish, "Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God. I will help you. I will rescue you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isa 40;31)
Illustration: There are more commandments in the Bible to "Fear Not" than any other imperative given by God.
Application: The Lord wants us to pray throughout the day, "The Lord is my light and my deliverer, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life. In this I will be confident." (Psa 27:1,2)
Application: Do not be afraid of being vulnerable as that allows the Lord to deliver you and show Himself mighty on your behalf. Ask the Lord to help you to share the love of Jesus with at least one person this week. He will lead you to someone who needs the deliverance, rescue and salvation only Jesus can provide.
10. Rework your perceptions of what is ideal.
- Promises of God
- All Sermons on Promises of God
- Text Illustrations on Promises of God
- Video Illustrations on Promises of God
- PowerPoint Template on Promises of God
- Scripture on Promises of God
Join the discussion