I Am An Overcomer
Sermon shared by Christian Cheong
Summary: We are overcomers, for with Christ we are exceedingly more than conquerors. Therefore fight with a conquering attitude and with supernatural weapons.
Series: Who Do You Think You Are?
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
The theme of this section is “More Than Conquerors” (v.37); that who you are.
• Who do you think you are? You are an overcomer. With Christ, we are all overcomers.
• Not maybe, not you will be; but you ARE.
• When you know who you are, you'll know what to do, and in Christ, you are more than conquerors.
I like the way Paul uses questions – “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (v.31)
• If God is on your side, what can really knock you down?
• Then verse 32: “He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all - how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?”
• Verse 34: “Who is he that condemns?”
• Verse 35: “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” And then he went on to list down 7 different obstacles that all of us faces – at one time or another, in one form or another.
• He says, “Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?”
Although this was asked 2000 years ago, nothing has changed much, right?
• We are very disturbed by difficult situations – trouble, hardship, persecution, famine - and we question God’s love.
• When you are going through a famine – financially, materially, or emotionally, or when we are deprived of what we feel we need or what we want, we question His love for us.
• When we don’t see it, don’t sense it, don’t feel it, we conclude that we have been separated from His love. For some unknown reasons.
But Paul’s answer is NO WAY. No experience of any kind can ever change the truth of God’s love for us.
• He answers the question in verse 37 emphatically – NO, in all these things…
• He did not say God will REMOVE all of these, or IMMUNE us of any hardships in life.
• He said instead: “In all these things, we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS…”
Who do you think you are? Do you know WHO you are?
• Because when you know who you are, you'll know what to do.
• Who are you in Christ? We are more than conquerors!
• Actually, I would be very happy if you say I AM A CONQUEROR. I’d be quite contended.
We are MORE THAN conquerors... through Him who loved us!
• Again the emphasis of this LOVE He has for us. You have a Lover! All of you have a passionate Lover, who is willing to die for you!
• If He is willing to die for you, He has no problem helping you with your problems.
With Him around, we are MORE THAN conquerors. In Greek, “exceedingly more than” – exceedingly more than a conqueror!
• You do not just ‘barely make it”, it’s a landslide. You don’t just survive, you thrive!
• You are going to demolish the opposition.
Jesus: “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
• Look closely, for you to be an overcomer, there needs to be something to overcome.
• Jesus says, in this world you will have TROUBLE, but take heart! I have overcome the world (what’s in the world, trouble!).
• Through CHRIST. Only through the power of Christ can we overcome our troubles!
So the question is not, “
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion