I Have Not Seen The Righteous Forsaken??
Sermon shared by Donny Tatimu
Summary: Does a righteous will not forsaken? Does the righteous will not suffer?
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
In Psalms 37:25-26, there are four great blessings for the righteous. There are:
1. I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
2. Nor his descendants begging bread,
3. He is ever merciful, and lends (it means we show mercy instead of begging for mercy); and
4. His descendants bare blessed.
The big question is, "Is it true?" Let the bible explain itself. Letís take a little closer the life of David, the one who wrote this powerful sentence.
1. In Psalms 22:1-8, "My God. My God, Why have you forsaken me? Why are You so far from helping Me, and from the words of my groaning?"
Itís true that this is a Messianic Psalm, but it is true that the author of this passage is David; and itís also true that this was Davidís experience. And He felt that God had forsaken.
If this was Davidís experience, and why he must said, "I have not seen the righteous forsaken?" Someone was lying here!
2. In 1 Samuel 21:1-3, "Now therefore, what have you on hand? Give me five loaves of bread in my hand," (v.3)
David was begging for bread? Again, WHY he must said, "Nor his descendants begging bread?"
3. In 1 Samuel 25:4-11, "Therefore let my young men find favor in your eyes, Please give whatever comes to your hand to your servants and to your son David." (v.8)
Was David begging for someoneís mercy? Yes! He should ever merciful and lends, not begging for someoneís favor. THIS begins to confuse me!
4. In 2 Sam 13:14-17, 22. It told us about Amnon son of David RAPED his stepsister! Thatís not enough; he sent her away RIGHT AFTER the rape. My beloved, is this what David call, "His descendants bare blessed?"
How about Absalom? 2 Sam 13:28, he killed Amnon! 2 Sam 18:32, he even rose against David, HIS OWN FATHER!
Again, and again, there is something is wrong with this "righteous blessings"!
David must be a big liar, OR he found "a key" of blessings. I, my self, believe for the second one. HE FOUND THE KEY OF ALL BLESSINGS!
What is it? Ps. 37:23-24, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall [righteous people can be fail, or fall, or discourage, and etc.], he shall not be utterly cast down; FOR [itís a big FOR!] THE LORD UPHOLDS HIM WITH HIS HAND." Thatís the secret: David is in Godís loving hand, His blooding hand. By His blood, we made rich. By His blood, we are healed!!! You may be fall, but if we are in His loving Hand, we are safe.
Isa 49:14-16, "See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me!" That is the answer! We may be fall, but He, Jesus, never forsake us!
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion