'In Him, All Things Are Held Together'
Sermon shared by Bruce Ball
Summary: A message concerning the physical proof of Colossians 1:17, when it says, "In Him, all things are held together.’
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
TODAY’S MESSAGE IS A BIT DIFFERENT
· · It is not so much a lesson on Scripture
· · But on the concept of God’s love for us
I WILL SHOW YOU
· · Irrefutable scientific details
· · That has only been revealed in recent years,
· · And they show what God has done for us
LET’S START WITH GLUE
· · There are many kinds
· · Some glues are stronger than others,
· · But all fail at some point of stress
IS THERE ANY KIND OF GLUE
· · That holds together no matter what ?
· · No man-made glue holds that good
BUT THERE IS ONE KIND
· · That holds no matter what
· · But it isn’t made by man
· · It is made by God
TURN TO COLOSSIANS 1
· · We will come back to that momentarily.
A WOMAN IN WEST VIRGINIA
· · Had some personal experience with glue.
· · She had a blister on the heel of her foot
· · So she put some super-glue on the blister
AND THEN, SHE SAT DOWN AT HER KITCHEN TABLE
· · To have a cup of coffee with a neighbor.
· · While she sat there, the glue ran down her foot
· And stuck her foot to the floor.
SHE ENDED UP HAVING TO CALL 9-1-1
· The glue was strong, but it wasn’t strong enough.
· They had it dissolved in less than an hour.
IT SEEMS EVEN THE STRONGEST OF GLUES
· Don’t work that well
· Under certain conditions.
‘He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him, all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him.
‘He is before all things, and in Him – all things hold together.’
THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT PASSAGE
· I want to go over it
· a little slower
· and in more detail
PAUL SAYS JESUS
· Is the image of the invisible God
· Some people think that means
· Jesus & God look like twins
I THINK IT MEANS
· Jesus is the perfect reflection
· Of the “essence” of God
PAUL SAYS JESUS
· Is before all things
· And that He created everything
· That means Jesus always was
GOING BACK TO GENESIS 1:1
· It says that ‘God created the world’.
· The word ‘God’ as it appears in the original text,
· Is the word “Elohim’, which is the word used
· for a plurality of Gods -
· Or more than one God
SO WHO WERE THE GODS
· The original referred to in this verse?
· They were God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
WE CANNOT COMPREHEND FOREVERNESS
· As humans, we need
· A starting point & a stopping point
NOW THERE IS SOMETHING
· nearly everyone misses
· It is found in the last part of verse 17:
· ‘… and in Him, all things hold together.’
AND THAT IS WHAT
· I want to talk to you about today
· How Jesus literally
· Holds all things together
JESUS DID NOT CREATE THE WORLD
· and then just go away.
· He made it and it is only He
· That sustains the world, even today.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion