Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:14-17).
I love the Bible! It is Gods love letter to us and reveals His heart.
My goal in this series is to help you to better understand the whole Old Testament.
THE 5 BOOKS OF LAW: (Also called the Torah or the Pentateuch = written by Moses).
GENESIS: Beginnings (Creation, the fall, flood, nations & the Patriarchs).
EXODUS: Exodus or Deliverance (God calls Moses to deliver Israel from Egypt).
LEVITICUS: Levites and Priests, Offerings and Feasts.
NUMBERS: Wanderings (in the wilderness, from Sinai to Moab).
DEUTERONOMY: Second Law (farewell addresses by Moses as he is about to die).
KEY VERSE: I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. (Exodus 20:2).
AN OVERVIEW OF EXODUS:
Genesis ends with Joseph a shepherd who becomes a prince and becomes a deliverer.
Exodus opens with Moses a prince who becomes a shepherd and becomes a deliverer.
Ch. 1 - the oppression of the Israelites in Egypt
Ch. 2 - Moses is born, raised as a Prince of Egypt, and flees to Midian
Ch. 3-4 - God calls Moses at the burning bush
- Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt. (Exodus 3:10).
- Moses is a type of Jesus: Moses-Pharaoh-Egypt / Jesus-Satan-World.
Ch. 5-11 - Moses goes to Egypt to tell Pharaoh Let my people go! (10 plagues)
Ch. 12 - The Passover
- The Passover Lamb is a type of Jesus: Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29).
Ch. 13-15 - Deliverance at the Red Sea
Ch. 16-19 - Gods provision (Manna and Water from a Rock = Jesus)
Ch. 20-24 - At Mount Sinai: The Law & the 10 Commandments
- Went through these last June first 4 = loving God; last 6 = loving people
Ch. 25-27 - The Tabernacle
- And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them. According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it. (Ex. 25:8-9). God wants to dwell in the midst of His people US!
- The tabernacle was a simple tent in the middle of the Israelite camp.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE TABERNACLE: SEVEN STEPS TO APPROACH GOD:
The pieces of furniture were thoughtfully placed in the structure. The priests daily approached each piece showing to all of Israel and us, how God is to be approached. (Barry Buzza).
1. THE ENTRANCE GATE:
The curtain that covered the entrance to the courtyard was made of fine linen cloth and embroidered with blue, purple, and scarlet yarn. It was 30 feet long and 7 1/2 feet high, just like the curtains of the courtyard walls. (Exodus 38:18, NLT). [see 38:9-20]
The colors are significant: blue (Heaven), purple (royalty) and red (blood of Jesus).
Jesus is the gate:
- OT Characters
- All Sermons on OT Characters
- Text Illustrations on OT Characters
- Video Illustrations on OT Characters
- PowerPoint Template on OT Characters
- Scripture on OT Characters
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Exodus 1:1-38:20
- All sermons from Chris Jordan
- Sermons on Tabernacle
- Sermons on Exodus
- Sermons on altar
Join the discussion