Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
SERIES: “CHRISTMAS CAROL THEOLOGY”
TEXT: PSALM 98
TITLE: “JOY TO THE WORLD”
INTRODUCTION: A. Christmas can be quite stressful
--planning parties, buying just the right gifts, preparing elaborate meals
1. Instead of bringing joy, it can bring frustration
a. If you allow it
b. If you focus on the wrong things
2. A woman was in the mall doing her Christmas shopping. She was tired of
walking through every aisle of every store to find just the right present. She was
stressed out by the mounting debt on her credit card. She was tired of fighting the
crowds and standing in lines for the registers. Her hands were full and when the
elevator door opened, it was full. “Great!” she muttered and the occupants of the
elevator, feeling her pain, graciously tightened ranks to allow a small space for her
and her load.
As the doors closed she blurted out, “I think whoever came up with this
Christmas junk ought to be found, strung up and shot!” A few others shook their
head or grunted in agreement. Then, from somewhere in the back of the elevator
came a single voice that said, “Don’t worry. They already crucified him.”
3. Christmas is not about us
--It’s about how God so loved the world, He gave His one and only Son that
whoever believes in Him might have eternal life
4. Christmas is about joy in Christ
C. The edgy entertainer Madonna was once asked, "Are you a happy person?"
1. She replied, "I am a tormented person. I have a lot of demons I am wrestling
with. But I want to be happy. I have moments of happiness. I am working towards
knowing myself, and I am assuming that will bring me happiness."
2. So many people are searching for happiness but not really finding it.
--We have access to so much in the way of possessions, entertainment, education,
but still are not fulfilled.
D. The Bible does not really talk much about happiness, but it does say much about joy.
--Joy has a deeper meaning than happiness.
1. Happiness has to do with what happens to you
- All Sermons on Christmas
- Text Illustrations on Christmas
- Video Illustrations on Christmas
- PowerPoint Template on Christmas
- Scripture on Christmas
Join the discussion