KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD!
Sermon shared by Tony Abram
Summary: In this sermon outline we look at some of the Keys of Power that the Lord has given to the Church. The sad thing is that many times the Church does not use that which God has given us, so that we may successfully do the commission of the Church, which is
Audience: General adults
C. I love the words to the old hymn The Rock of Ages.
IV. The Keys. They evidently are source of power and blessing. Matthew 16:19 (YLT) and I will give to thee the keys of the reign of the heavens, and whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.
A. With the Keys we will be able to bind and loose on earth what has been performed in heaven.
1. The devil was bound and kicked out.
a. We can do the same in our lives.
2. The perfect Will of God is operating in Heaven.
a. We can pray and let God operate His Will in our lives.
b. How? Romans 12:1 (KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
V. I believe that the following are four of the most important keys, (promises and tools) that God has give unto the Church.
A. The Holy Spirit is the first Key. (Acts 1:4 KJV) And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
(Acts 1:8 KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
1. The source of Spiritual Power comes from the Holy Spirit.
2. He reveals Christ to us as He did for Peter.
3. We cannot be converted and saved unless the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus as Saviour and He does it through the second key, The Word of God.
B. The Second Key is the Word of God.
1. The Word is unchanging. (Psa 119:89 KJV) For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
Matthew 24:35 (KJV) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
2. The Word of God is the Promises of God.
3. The Word is the Good News.
C. The Third Key is the Name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 4:12 (KJV) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
1. Salvation is only in that Name
2. There is no Name like that Name.
3. Name we pray in to the Father.
(John 16:23 KJV) And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
a. Only that Name can bring answered prayer.
4. It is the Name the devil flees from and the Name we can cast out demons. (Luke 11:20 KJV) But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
5. We do all things through that Name.
(Col 3:17 KJV) And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
D. The fourth is Faith and Faith is like the ’key chain’ that holds the keys together and together is how they work in our churches and lives.
1. Remember, you can have
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion