Lesson 17: Fellowship with God
Sermon shared by Elmer Towns
Summary: God Wants Fellowship with You
Series: Getting The Faith of Moses
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Series: Getting The Faith of Moses Dr. Elmer Towns
Lesson 17: Fellowship With God (Exodus 24) October 23, 2011
1. Realize God wants fellowship with you and initiates it. Then the LORD instructed Moses, Come up here to me¨ (Ex. 24:1, NLT).
2. We must be willing to be alone. Come up here to me¨ (24:1, NLT). Only Moses is allowed to come near to the LORD¨ (24:2, NLT).
3. We must seek private place. Come up to me on the mountain¨ (24:12, NLT). Moses said to the elders, Tarry ye here¨ (24:14, KJV).
4. Remember, geographical prayer, there are places God delights to reveal Himself. The glory of the Lord abode upon Mount Sinai¨ (24:16).
5. There is an atmospheric presence of God. The cloud covered the mount¨ (24:15). The place where we find and experience God’s presence, not physically but inwardly.
6. We must learn initial obedience and live constant obedience. Moses repeated . . . all the teachings and regulations the LORD had given him¡¨ (24:3, NLT). Moses descriptive title, The servant of God¨ (Rev. 15:3).
7. We must make a conscious choice to seek God and obey Him. They answered . . . We will do everything the LORD has told us to do¨ (24:3, NLT).
8. Fellowship with God is based on blood. Moses built an altar¡¨ (24:4). Sacrificed young bulls¡¨ (24:5). Moses took . . . the blood¡¨ (24:6).
9. Deal with your sins by the burnt offering. Moses offered burnt offerings¡¨ (24:5). Let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock . . . unto the LORD¡¨ (Lev. 4:3).
How to Get Forgiveness
Recognize we are sinners, If we say we have no sin . . . the truth is not in us¡¨
(1 John 1:8).
See your sin as God sees it. If we confess our sins¡¨ (1 John 1:9; Ps. 51:4).
Repent. Determine to not go there again.
Tell God we¡¦re sorry (Ps. 51:1-10).
Ask for cleansing. To cleanse us from all unrighteousness¡¨ (1 John 1:9).
10. Live in obedient fellowship to receive continual cleansing. It is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sin¡¨ (Heb. 10:4). If we walk in the light, as he is in the light . . . the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin¨ (1 John 1:7).
11. Worship God with the peace offering. Moses, Sacrificed peace offering of oxen unto the Lord¨ (24:5). It is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD¨ (Lev. 3:5). A peace offering is for God, not primarily for us.
How To Worship (From Psalm 100)
Approach God gladly. Shout with joy¨ (v. 1)
Worship the Lord with gladness¨ (v. 2). Giving God the worthship due Him.
Realize where you are. Come before His presence¨ (v. 2).
Be grateful. With thanksgiving¨ (v. 4).
Recognize His unfailing love and continuing faithfulness (v. 5). Amen and WOW
12. Our fellowship with God is not for enjoyment of the moment, but we must changed and re-committed more deeply for the future. Moses carefully wrote down¡¨ (24:4, NLT). The covenant the Lord had made¡¨ (24:8, NLT).
13. Learn the built-up lessons of continually worshipping God. Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights¡¨ (24:18).
14. We can have round-the-clock fellowship with God. Forty days and forty nights¡¨ (24:18). Jesus promised, I am with you always¡¨
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion