Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
1. More people to reach for Christ. “Most assuredly, I say to you . . . the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father” (John 14:12).
2. Easier travel from any place to all places. “Many shall run to and fro” (Daniel 12:4).
3. More resources to accomplish more, in an easier way. From the quill, to the fountain pen, to the typewriter, to the computer, to the voice-activated laptop.
4. More knowledge available. From scroll, to book, to computer. “Knowledge shall increase” (Dan. 12:4).
5. More food, in quantity, in quality, in varieties, at all times.
6. More medical technology available in medicine, know-how, tools, and machines.
7. More communication to access all people, availability to do all types of things. Newspapers, radio, television, cell phones, Blackberries, iPods.
8. More understanding of the differences among people. To know their culture needs, plans, values, strengths, etc. (United Nations, peace-keeping, charities, etc).
9. More wealth to produce better living through shared resources. People live a higher standard than ever before.
10. Advanced civilization. We do more good for more people in more ways than ever before.
Your vote on the top three in order:
1. _____________; 2. _____________; 3. _____________
B. THE TEN WORST OF OUR TIMES
1. Threat of terrorists, “Wars and rumors of war” (Matt. 24:6).
2. Growing demonic activity, cultic activity. “In latter times . . . giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons” (I Tim. 4:1).
3. Attacks on the integrity of the family. Adultery, no-fault divorce, same-sex marriages, polygamy, social service abuse. “In the last days . . . disobedient to parents” (II Tim. 3:1-2).
4. Abortions. Taking unborn life.
5. Political corruption, political hatred, i.e., democracy imploding.
6. Sexual abuse, homosexuality, pedophiles, pornography. “In the last days . . . without natural affection.”
7. Evil bent of arts, entertainment, sports, “Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God . . . for of this sort are they which creep into houses and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts” (II Tim. 3:4-6, 7).
8. Run away greed. “You have heaped up treasure in the last days” (James 5:3). “Your riches are corrupted” (James 5:2).
9. Collapse of character, values, and brotherhood. “In the last days . . . people will love only themselves and their money . . . proud and
boastful . . . ungrateful thoroughly bad . . . hard headed . . . never given in to others . . . constant liars and trouble makers . . . cruel . . . sneer at those who try to do good . . . betraying their friends . . . hot headed” (II Tim. 3:1-4, LB).
10. Persecution of Christianity. In America soft persecution, abroad more martyrs in Foxes Book of Martyrs. “They shall deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you and ye shall be hated” (Matt. 24:9).
C. TEN RESPONSES OF CHRISTIANS
1. Work as diligently as possible for Christ while you wait for His appearing. In Thessalonica some quit working to wait for Jesus’ return. “We hear some of you are living idle lives, refusing to work . . . get to work” (II Thess. 3:11-12, LB).
2. Don’t give into enjoying the lust of the world, but live a separated life to God.
3. Invest your time, talent and
- Second Coming
- All Sermons on Second Coming
- Text Illustrations on Second Coming
- Video Illustrations on Second Coming
- PowerPoint Template on Second Coming
- Scripture on Second Coming
Join the discussion