Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled
Sermon shared by Robert Glass
Summary: Find Rest for your soul in Jesus
Denomination: Christian/Church of Christ
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
(1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
(2) In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
(4) And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
(5) Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
(6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
This is a blest scripture, designed to calm your heart. (Let not your heart be troubled)
It confirms your faith. (Ye believe in God, believe also in me)
It informs us with knowledge.
1. (In my Father’s house are many mansions) There is plenty of room for all of us in the Father’s house.
2. (I go to prepare a place for you.) This is a prepared place for prepared people. (Are you prepared?)
3. (I will come again,) You aren’t left alone or left behind.
4. (Receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.)Christ will receive us for himself.
5. We know the way (Christ) What is our path to salvation?
6. The Truth AND the life (The knowledge of God and Eternal Life) Extreme knowledge of God and eternal life is our eternal blessing.
What an extreme comforting scripture. Here is the design and the preparation of Heaven and the promise of eternal life there.
A prepared person is necessary for a prepared place. God is prepared, Christ is prepared. Are YOU prepared?
An unfaithful Christian needs to come forward and confess that sin and pray for forgiveness. (James 5:16) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
The alien sinner needs to follow Christ’s to Salvation.
Hear (Rom 10:17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Believe (Heb 11:6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Repent (Luke 13:3) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Confess (Rom 10:10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Be Baptized (Acts 2:38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (1 Peter 3:21) The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Alien Sinner or Erring Saint, The time to return to Christ IS NOW! Let’s stand and Sing.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion