Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
I. Living in the Favor of the Lord Through Prayer
A. A major key in maintaining a right relationship with God and to live in the Favor of the Lord is through prayer.
B. Psalm 5:1-3 (NASB) 1Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my groaning. 2Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, For to You I pray. 3In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
C. One of the secrets of a close relationship with God is to pray to him earnestly each morning.
1. In the morning, our minds are freer from problems and then we can commit the whole day to God.
2. Regular communication helps any friendship and is certainly necessary for a strong relationship with God.
3. We need to communicate with him daily through prayer.
D. Psalm 55:16, 17 (NKJV) 16As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD shall save me. 17Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice.
1. Praying evening, morning, and noon is certainly an excellent way to maintain correct priorities throughout every day.
2. Daniel followed this pattern.
3. Peter followed this pattern.
4. The prayers of Godís people are effective against the overwhelming evil in the world.
II. Living in the Favor of the Lord Through Faith
A. Godís Favor always follows Faith.
B. Nay-saying and perpetual doubting is a choice to die in the wilderness.
C. Matthew 9:29 (NASB) 29Then He touched their eyes, saying, "It shall be done to you according to your faith."
D. In the midst of these trying days that we live in, faith is required to receive everything we need.
E. Hebrews 11:6 (NASB) 6And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
III. Living in the Favor of the Lord through Obedience.
A. Godís favor follows obedience
B. Romans 6:16 (NASB) 16Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?
C. Walking in obedience to Godís Word opens the door to truth, which guards and protects us from the deception of enemy.
D. 2nd John 1:6 (NASB) 6And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.
IV. Living in the Favor of the Lord Through Patience
A. Godís favor is a companion to your patience in him.
B. After Joseph interpreted the cupbearerís dream in prison, it was two years before God used his obedience and patience to dramatically favor his beloved servant.
C. Yet, Godís Hand had been on Joseph throughout both lean and prosperous seasons of his life.
Conclusion: Our Prayer Life, Our Faith in God and His Word, Our Obedience to God, and Our Patience all determine the level of Godís Favor in our lives and church. Are we willing to pay the price, to take the steps to see the release of Godís Favor in our lives?
- Basics of Christianity
- All Sermons on Basics of Christianity
- Text Illustrations on Basics of Christianity
- Video Illustrations on Basics of Christianity
- PowerPoint Template on Basics of Christianity
- Scripture on Basics of Christianity
Join the discussion