Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Can we see God’s type of perfection in love?
Even when you can get rich quick.
6 “Do not twist justice against people simply because they are poor.
8 “Take no bribes, for a bribe makes you ignore something that you clearly see. A bribe always hurts the cause of the person who is in the right.
Many know that money “talks” in court and wherever “power” is. Voices of need, pain and memory from the community of faith can be wiped out if we give in to get rich quick schemes!
What’s the MOTIVATION for living justly :
1. God will judge the unjust…
7 “Keep far away from falsely charging anyone with evil. Never put an innocent or honest person to death. I will not allow anyone guilty of this to go free.”
Peter said “love as brothers, be compassionate and humble” in 1 Peter 3:8 and then he quotes in 1 Peter 3:12 (NLT) from Ps.34:
“The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers.
But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil.”
You can be sure the Lord will judge those who do not love their neighbor. Wanna face God’s wrath?
2. Remember the experience of Egypt… unjust living, oppression felt, pretty bad, right? wanna live through that again? If you didn’t like that, then do not do the same to others, remember how bitter it was, and so do not make life miserable for others…
9 “Do not oppress the foreigners living among you. You know what it is like to be a foreigner. Remember your own experience in the land of Egypt.”
3. Life is so much more pleasant and rewarding, when there is just living, don’t u think? Ex.19:5 “…if you obey me and keep my covenant, then out of all the nations you will be my TREASURED POSSESSION.” You will know the richness of the blessing of being God’s treasure!
Micah 6 (NKJV) tells of a time when the people forgot to be just, to really love the neighbor…
1Hear now what the LORD says:
“Arise, plead your case before the mountains,
And let the hills hear your voice.
2 Hear, O you mountains, the LORD’s complaint,
And you strong foundations of the earth;
For the LORD has a complaint against His people,
And He will contend with Israel.
3 “O My people, what have I done to you?
And how have I wearied you?
Testify against Me.
4 For I brought you up from the land of Egypt,
I redeemed you from the house of bondage;
And I sent before you Moses, Aaron, and Miriam…
Here we see God explaining the freedom He has brought to the people. He has not done any harm to do (see v.3) but they spurned His love and preferred to go their own ways, forgetting that they were saved by grace and now they totally graceless to others. Micah 6:9-12 (NLT) reported:
9 Listen! Fear the LORD if you are wise! His voice is calling out to everyone in Jerusalem: “The armies of destruction are coming; the LORD is sending them. 10 Will there be no end of your getting rich by cheating? The homes of the
- Forgiveness: General
- All Sermons on Forgiveness: General
- Text Illustrations on Forgiveness: General
- Video Illustrations on Forgiveness: General
- PowerPoint Template on Forgiveness: General
- Scripture on Forgiveness: General
Join the discussion