Look What The Lord Has Done
Sermon shared by Roger Griffith
Summary: Today, I’m going to talk about what demons can do, what the Lord can do, and what you can do.
Audience: General adults
LOOK WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE
Today, I’m going to talk about what demons can do, what the Lord can do, and what you can do. This is a hurting world that we live in, and this man was hurting. He was in terrible shape. He had demon troubles. Notice…
I. LOOK WHAT DEMONS HAVE DONE
A. WHO WAS THIS MAN?
1. We don’t know much about who he was, but we do know that he was somebody’s son.
2. He was undoubtedly someone’s relative.
3. He was probably somebody’s husband.
4. He was probably somebody’s daddy.
5. But, he was bound by demons!
6. Notice what the demons had done…
B. HE DWELLED AMONG THE DEAD (v.3)
1. He lived in the tombs.
2. The devil likes to keep you in the tombs.
3. The devil likes to have you hang out with those who are dead.
4. Not necessarily physically dead, but he loves to have you hang out with those who are spiritually dead.
5. He wants them to influence you.
6. He wants them to drag you down.
7. Willie George does a skit where a little boy is handcuffed to a dead man (at least he pretends to be dead). The little boy is told to lift his hands and praise the Lord, but he can’t because he’s handcuffed to a dead man. He is told to get his Bible and read the word, but he can’t because he’s handcuffed to a dead man. He’s told to come to church, but he can’t go anywhere because he’s handcuffed to a dead man. This is how those who are spiritually dead influence us. They drag us down and prevent us from practicing the basics of Christianity.
8. The devil likes to get you to live among the dead and become the type of person that no man can tame.
C. NO MAN COULD TAME HIM (v. 4)
1. Think about that.
2. There are a lot of people today: men and women and young and older who have a violence about them.
3. It seems that nobody can tame them.
4. Nobody can do anything with them.
5. They are inclined on destruction.
6. That’s what the devil does.
7. That’s what demons do.
8. Notice what else demons had done.
D. HE WAS CONTINUALLY CRYING (v. 5)
1. The text says, he was always night and day in the mountains and in the graveyard crying.
2. Have you noticed how many people cry today.
3. Tears stream down their faces.
4. They cry over what the devil is doing to their daddies.
5. They cry over what the devil is doing to their mothers.
6. They cry over what the devil is doing to their children.
7. They cry over drugs and they can’t get out of the situation they’re in. 7. I’m reminded of a young prostitute crying in a court room because here babies were being taken away from her. She wanted to get out of that. But somehow she’s bound and she can’t get out.
8. I think about a 70+ year old man at the A/G campgrounds who was crying because he was bound by pornography. He wanted to get out of it. He cried over it, but he was trapped by it.
9. The devil wants you to cry!
10. But God said I’m gonna wipe away all tears from their eyes.
11. This man was always crying in the graveyard.
12. That’s what the devil had done.
E. HE ABUSED HIMSELF
1. Notice he was cutting himself.
2. That’s self-abuse.
3. There he was filled with demons and cutting himself.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion