LORD WHAT WILT THOU HAVE ME TO DO
Sermon shared by Ralph Andrus
Summary: LORD WHAT WILT THOU HAVE ME TO DO I. The Question Acknowledges The Lordship Of Christ II. The Question Is An Expression Of a Surrendered Heart III. The Question Was The Begining Of A New Career IV. The Question Opens The Door To What The Will Of God
Audience: Seeker adults
About Sermon Contributor
Sun. Sept 12/93 Acts 9:1-9
LORD WHAT WILT THOU HAVE ME TO DO
Ten Deep Questions Of Life
1. When sign makers go on strike is anything painted on their signs?
2. Why do television stations report power outages?
3. Why is a package sent by land carrier called a shipment, while a package sent by ship is called cargo?
4. Where do forest rangers go to get away
5. Why do we call them apartments when they are attached to one another?
6. When you open a new bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?
7. Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
8. Why are builders afraid to have a 13th floor, but book publishers aren’t afraid to have a Chapter 11?
9. Why do we call it a TV set when you only get one?
10. Why isn’t phonetics spelled the way it sounds?
Reader’s Digest 7/97
Lord What Wilt Thou Have Me To Do?
- Paul In Acts 9
- A decision that made a division
In the Rockies is a stream called Divide Creek. At a point in its course the creek divides around a large boulder. Waters which flow to the left of the boulder rush on into Kicking Horse River and finally into the Pacific Ocean. Waters which travel to the right went into the Bow River which courses into the Saskatchewan River, on into Lake Winnipeg, the Nelson River, Hudson Bay, and to the Atlantic Ocean Once the waters divide at the rock there is
no turning back.
I. The Question Acknowledges The Lordship Of Christ
- "LORD" an address of respect
- "LORD" to describe absolute ownership
A. Nature responded to the Lordship of Christ
Winds & Waves, Fig tree, Water to Wine
B. Animal world responded to the Lordship of Ch.
- Jesus temptation in the wilderness
- The colt that had never been ridden
C. Demons recognized the Lordship of Christ
- They had to respond to Jesus authority
D. Jesus accepted recognition as Lord by His disciples
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for [so] I am.
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
E. Everyone will respond to the Lordship of Christ
- Philp. 2:9-11
2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and things under the earth;
2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
II. The Question Is An Expression Of a Surrendered Heart
- By this question Paul was giving voice to his inward repentance toward God
- a decision was made to surrender himself
- God was sovereign & supreme in every area of His life
- Allegiance to Christ was Paul’s passion
III. The Question Was The Begining Of A New Career
- Paul identified himself with a person and a cause
• The person was Christ
• The cause was the Kingdom of God
• It was visible in the churches he established
A. - Life is made up of relationships
• relationships are created by choice
• Have you found a person that you can identify with?
B. - Life without a cause has no purpose no reason for existence
• What’s your cause?
• What is consuming your time your energy your money?
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion