Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
If you cannot find 14 fourteen girls or if you don’t want to have a "court of attendants", it is appropriate to have the quinceañera stand alone with her parents. It is suggested that the following objects be used in the ceremony.
1. A Bible (preferably with a satin and lace cover or just plain white).
2. Baby shoes (They look better if they are white satin).
3. A ring (either with a birthstone or a small diamond, etc.)
4. Watch (preferably a dressy one)
5. A tiara
6. A rose bud, a rose in half-bloom and a rose in complete bloom.
7. A white 18-inch candle. (It can be decorated with ribbons and small roses to match color scheme.)
8. A small and decorative perfume decanter.
9. A parasol that has been decorated to match the color scheme.
10. A pillow to place by the kneeler (or for her to kneel on in case you don’t have a kneeler). This is to be placed before the ceremony begins; either by an attendant, as part of the processional, or by someone else before the prelude.
Each attendant may carry a white long-stem rose, which they can give to her as she marches out at the end of the ceremony.
You may wish to begin the ceremony with a small explanation of the quinceañera rite of passage. It was originally begun to introduce a young lady in society as ready for courtship. However, evangelicals have changed the meaning to be a time when a young lady dedicates and commits her life to the Lord publicly.
A ceremony is so much more beautiful when it is interspersed with music. For the processional someone may sing “Butterfly Kisses” or a song of that nature. If the parents sing or the quinceañera sings, they may want to choose a song that has great meaning to them. Make this event very personal. Offer ideas to the young lady and her mother to guide them along.
Beloved in Jesus Christ, we have gathered here, in God’s presence to give thanks for the fifteen years of life God has given (give the quinceañera’s complete name using the title Miss or Sister.) We are glad that she decided to celebrate her birthday in God’s house. The Psalmist says: "Because better is a day in your courts that a thousand outside of them. . . "We can say to the (state the family name) family "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord. "Thank you for the invitation to this celebration, to this moment of Consecration.
This is a happy age, when young girls hold many dreams. But also it is a difficult age because it is at this age when a young lady becomes accountable for her spiritual life. From now on (give name) you’ve ceased to be a little girl for you have become a young lady. Your parents have done what they can in rearing you in the admonition of the Lord, but you will now begin to make decisions and get ready for a little more independence. It is during this time that you will need Jesus as your friend, counselor and above all as Savior. (If someone has a song it may be sung at this moment. Surrender All is a good one.)
(Ask the attendants to stand at the altar). Since you have decided to celebrate your birthday in God’s house, I will dedicate some items to you so that each time you see them you will always remember this joyous event. These are only symbols of that which is to come; that which will be in God’s presence one glorious
- Baby Dedication
- All Sermons on Baby Dedication
- Text Illustrations on Baby Dedication
- Video Illustrations on Baby Dedication
- PowerPoint Template on Baby Dedication
- Scripture on Baby Dedication
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to 2 Timothy 3:14-3:17
- All sermons from Adrián Olivas
- Sermons on Quince Anos
- Sermons on meditaciones
Join the discussion