Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Text: 2 Corinthians 3:1-6
In this letter Paul is addressing a problem that a lot of people face today.
That is a problem of low self esteem.
We as humans seem to need and almost thrive on the approval and affirmation of others.
We just love for people to acknowledge our greatness.
This also leads to another problem in the same area.
People will in most cases ignore or snub someone that they have never heard of, or have heard bad reports on.
We live in a society that demands me first and my feelings above anyone else.
This passage in the 2nd letter to the church at Corinth shows the folly of this notion.
Paul is saying we donít need this stuff if we are Godís.
Now as we look to the Word we will see that it is not about me, but that God is: My Sufficiency. ( turn to 1 Corinthians 1:25-28)
I. It was not you that called!
A. The call to salvation came from God.
1. You canít get saved without it.
2. Too many are hardening their hearts. (Iíll get saved later)
B. Seeing that it was God that called.
1. He knows what you have to offer.
2. He knows you.
3. He wants you.
II. Not many wise (worldly wisdom) or mighty or noble.
A. Why do suppose that is.
Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the Earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
1. We begin to rely on self.
2. We call on God when our strength is in sufficient.
B. That is not the way God designed it!
1. We are to lean on His strength.
2. We are to trust in Him not self.
3. We are to turn from the world completely.
a. That means the way of doing things too.
b. Put yourself in Godís care.
C. How are we doing things in our lives today.
III. God will not share the Glory and Honor that are His.
A. Story of Lucifer. (Isaiah 14)
B. Tower of Babel, Absalom, Adonijah, Disciples, some today
C. He brings them down.
IV. Know this it is God who is our sufficiency.
A. When He calls the weak He makes strong.
B. When He calls the simple He makes them excel.
C. When He calls you He will supply.
D. Not we will, but He will.
Conclusion: It doesnít matter who you are.
God has a plan for you.
You donít have to worry if others approve just please God.
You donít need the accolades of man when God is your Father.
He alone is sufficient, He alone can provide, He alone will.
- God's Provisions
- All Sermons on God's Provisions
- Text Illustrations on God's Provisions
- Video Illustrations on God's Provisions
- PowerPoint Template on God's Provisions
- Scripture on God's Provisions
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to 2 Corinthians|1 Corinthians 3|1:1|25-3|1:6|28
- All sermons from Jimmy Giffin
Join the discussion