Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
THIS STORY IS A PROPHETIC PICTURE OF OUR NATION OF CANADA!
Our nation, like Israel, has a godly Christian foundation, but we have forsaken those roots!
Our national anthem declares, “God keep our land, glorious and free! O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!” But we have not stood on guard for our nation, and wickedness abounds!
QUOTE: “All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that enough good men do nothing.” (Edmund Burke).
THE SPIRIT OF JEZEBEL: We need the spirit of Elijah that will say no to the spirit of Jezebel!
• Sexual perversion (legalization of homosexual unions & pre-marital sex)
• Rebellion (we live in one of the most rebellious generations of all time)
• Witchcraft (increase of interest in this - Harry Potter & more)
• Violence (from video games and cartoons, to movies and the news)
THE STORY OF ELIJAH: (First Kings 17:1-3;17-24).
“1 And Elijah the Tishbite, of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word." 2 Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying, 3 "Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.” (1 Kings 17:1-3).
• God raised up the prophet Elijah in response to the wickedness of Ahab & Jezebel
“17 Now it happened after these things that the son of the woman who owned the house became sick. And his sickness was so serious that there was no breath left in him.
• This boy is a prophetic picture of many people today – spiritually dead, lost, broken
• They are dead in their trespasses and sins, depression, drugs, suicide, death culture
18 So she said to Elijah, "What have I to do with you, O man of God? Have you come to me to bring my sin to remembrance, and to kill my son?" 19 And he said to her, "Give me your son." So he took him out of her arms and carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his own bed.
• God wants to raise up an Elijah revolution who will take this ‘dead generation’ to the upper room of prayer and begin to pray for them
20 Then he cried out to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, have You also brought tragedy on the widow with whom I lodge, by killing her son?" 21 And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, I pray, let this child’s soul come back to him."
• We need to cry out to the Lord in passionate, faith-filled prayers for REVIVAL!
• We need to pray with perseverance (3 times) and stretch ourselves beyond our comfort zones.
22 Then the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.
• Does God hear YOUR voice? Elijah was human just like us, and God heard him!
23 And Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house, and gave him to his mother. And Elijah said, "See, your son lives!" 24 Then the woman said to Elijah, "Now by this I know that you are a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is the truth.” (1 Kings 17:17-24).
• It’s time
- All Sermons on Revival
- Text Illustrations on Revival
- Video Illustrations on Revival
- PowerPoint Template on Revival
- Scripture on Revival
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Psalms 72:8-72:8
- All sermons from Chris Jordan
- Sermons on revival
- Sermons on Canada
Join the discussion