Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
2. Conqueror of Death and Hell. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold I am alive forever more. Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Rev 1:18 You know the story.
The cross was the climax of the battle. And it appeared to all that Satan had won. They laid him in a borrowed tomb. (Talk about disciples Hopelessness) It was indeed finished! But our Lord the conqueror, was battling in the unseen world! He took the keys from the tormentor. Heb 2:14-15
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. We are free No longer in bondage. But FREE!
Our Lord tasted death for every man and went to the grave, but it could not hold him.
We are all on a one way street to death. We camouflage our decay. We who have placed our faith in Christ and His victory can proclaim Him as our mighty conqueror!
Few weeks ago picked out a casket for a loved one. But he was a believer His faith was in Christ. He want need casket long. A resurrection is on the way. Because he followed Jesus Christ the conqueror of death and the grave. 1 Cor 15:52-57
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. What a loving father. So loved the world gave his son.
3. Conqueror of my heart- I was a sinner and I needed a savior. No great sins had I done, never did drugs, alcohol, gamble, wasnít a robber or murderer. But I was just as guilty. Because I was born in sin. I needed a Savior!
(Testimony how got saved) I heard his gentle invitation. Matt 11:28 Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Prov 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
How could I refuse? He took me like I was and conquered my heart with love.
4. Conqueror of a world sold under sin. Our world bears the scars of its sinful population. We live in a world that needs redemption. Redemption is not yet complete. Eph 1:14 Paul writes of the redemption of the purchased possession.
Godís plan will be finished and a new heaven and a new earth will experience the bliss of redemptionís restoration. 2 Peter 3:13 We according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Surely he will conqueror. And our father has a plan for a redeemed world. Our glorious conqueror, has predetermined the final chapter of this worlds prophesy. He will put all enemies under his feet. 1 Cor 15:25
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall
- Bible: Influence
- All Sermons on Bible: Influence
- Text Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- Video Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- PowerPoint Template on Bible: Influence
- Scripture on Bible: Influence
Join the discussion