Summary: In this sermon outline we are point out a few of the tricks of the devil in trying to deceive the people of God and how we can overcome the false teachings by false teacher and recognize the truth of God. We are living in a day of more false teachings an
Overcoming False Teachings and Teachers in these last days.
We are living in a day of more false teachings and teachers then ever since the days of Christ on earth. 2 Thes 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2 Thes 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
I am amazed by what people will believe. I read this recently, the following headlines were observed:
* Dinosaurs Honked Like Buicks
* Cow Mattresses Help Cows Produce More Milk
* Mother To Be On Diet Of Only Chicken, Lays Huge Egg
* WWII Bomber Found On The Moon
* Woman Gives Birth To 2 Year Old Baby: Child Walks & Talks In 3 Days
* Adam & Eve’s Bones Found In Asia: Eve Was A Space Alien.
People will read and believe this nonsense, but refuse the evidence concerning God and Jesus Christ. Mark Twain once said that a lie could travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
In this sermon outline we are point out a few of the tricks of the devil in trying to deceive the people of God and how we can overcome the false teachings by false teacher and recognize the truth of God. Our text is:
(1 Tim 4:1 KJV) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(1 Tim 4:3 KJV) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
(2 Pet 2:1 KJV) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
I. How do we overcome? STUDY THE WORD OF GOD!
A. How does this help us overcome false teaching?
(1 Pet 2:2 KJV) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1. We first need to desire the Word!
2. The simple milk of the Word first.
3. Then we will grow as a baby grows from the milk of the mother.
(2 Tim 2:15 KJV) Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
II. Test the message and the messenger.
(2 Cor 11:14 KJV) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
A. He can tell half-truths that if he could he would deceive everyone.
1. Clayton Bell once said: There are two big lies that Satan has been perpetrating ever since the Garden of Eden. The first is that God is mean, vindictive, a spoilsport whose main role in life is to keep us from being fulfilled and happy--when we step out of bounds, he takes delight in making us pay.
The second lie is that God really does not care what we do--probably does not know. And if He does, His business is to forgive us. He is will always forgive no matter what, so it really does not make much difference how we live and what we believe.