Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
6. Jesus did not allow the Pharisaical religious authorities to cause Him to procrastinate. The Master said, "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees. They discussed this among themselves and said, "It is because we didnít bring any bread. Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, "You of little faith, Do you still not understand? Donít you remember the five loaves for the five thousand." (Matt. 16:6-9) Ask the Lord to help you not become confused, intimidated or frustrated by power hungry religious authorities.
7. Jesus did not allow a shortage of resources to cause Him to procrastinate. The disciples said to Jesus, "Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?" Jesus took the seven loaves and fish and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied." (Matt. 15:33-37) Ask the Lord to give you the faith, persistence and wisdom to find the resources necessary to help you complete Godís will.
8. Jesus did not let the suffering of the cross to cause Him to procrastinate. Jesus said, "This all has taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples deserted him and fled." (Matt. 26:56) Ask the Lord to help you not flinch in the face of hardships, suffering or persecution.
9. Jesus did not let menís ignorance, intemperance or faulty perspectives cause Him to procrastinate. After the transfiguration Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters - one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened) Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: íThis is my son, whom I love. Listen to him!" (Mark 9:5-7) Ask the Lord to help you not be delayed by peoplesí ignorance, intemperance or faulty perspectives.
10. Jesus did not cause others to procrastinate because they used different methods. Christ allowed for diversity of approaches in seeing Godís kingdom progress. One day John said to Jesus, "We saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us. Jesus said, "Do not stop him, for whoever is not against us is for us." (Mark 9:38,39) Ask the Lord to help you avoid causing others to procrastinate because of differences of opinions.
- Christian Disciplines
- All Sermons on Christian Disciplines
- Text Illustrations on Christian Disciplines
- Video Illustrations on Christian Disciplines
- PowerPoint Template on Christian Disciplines
- Scripture on Christian Disciplines
Join the discussion