PASTOR'S APPRECIATION DAY
Sermon shared by Lauro C Hernandez
Summary: Knowing how to demonstrate our appreciation toward our Pastor in a Biblical way.
Denomination: Assembly of God
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
PASTOR’S APPRECIATION DAY
THE BLESSINGS OF FULFILLING THE MINISTERIAL PURPOSES
INTRO: What is the Biblical concept relating to the Pastor? Because of the times in which we live in, we need to see the ministry of the Pastor in the Biblical approach. Many of God’s people have a wrong concept toward the Pastor, giving him a title as a “Employee of the Church.” NO, he isn’t an employee. Others give him the title of a “Team Manager” because we should work as a team. NO, he isn’t a “Team Manager.” Others, others- we won’t even mention how they call him.
If he is not all of the above; who is the Pastor? Clearly, separated from being a Husband, Father, Minister, Painter, Plumber, Electrician, Chef, Delivery Man, etc. who is he?
The Word of God talks to us of many leaders and servants, who were great models, but I would like to concentrate in King David. First, because he was a real Shepard and second, because He had the heart of God.
Let us see what the Bible tells us in relation to the Pastor and how God’s people should answer toward the Pastor.
I. WHAT THE PASTOR SHOULD BE TOWARD GOD’S PEOPLE
A. David consulted God for His people – 1 Sam. 30:1-2 “David and his men reached Ziklag on the third day. Now the Amalekites had raided the Negev and Ziklag. They had attacked Ziklag and burned it, 2 and had taken captive the women and all who were in it, both young and old. They killed none of them, but carried them off as they went on their way.”
1. His enemies had taken their women, children and everything else
2. In how many occasions has the enemy of our souls taken away the souls of God’s people
3. David didn’t reacted in His human nature
4. He consulted the Lord God
i. Vs. 8 “and David inquired of the LORD, “Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?””
5. God gives many victories to His people through
i. Vs. 18-19 “David recovered everything the Amalekites had taken, including his two wives. 19 Nothing was missing: young or old, boy or girl, plunder or anything else they had taken. David brought everything back.”
B. David returns God’s people to His presence – 2 Sam. 6:1 “David again brought together out of Israel chosen men, thirty thousand in all. 2 He and all his men set out from Baalah of Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name, the name of the LORD Almighty, who is enthroned between the cherubim that are on the ark.”
1. We know that the Ark symbolizes the “Presence of God”
2. His enemies had taken it away from them
3. David know the importance of God’s presence among his people
4. The Pastor will always seek ways to bring God’s presence among His people – He will pray, fast, read the Bible – not because he is being paid, not because he will be rewarded, but because He knows the importance of the presence of God in this place.
C. David looks for the good things in a person – 1 Sam. 22:1-2 “David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam. When his brothers and his father’s household heard about it, they went down to him there. 2 All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their leader. About four hundred men were with him”
1. What the world despises – the Pastor receives
2. When everybody else only see negativism in an individual – the pastor sees the positive
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion