Title: Power in The Blood
Text: Matthew 26: 27 & 28
Intro: Jesus has gathered his disciples together for the Last Supper. As these men gather around him, he holds up the cup and begins to explain that his blood is the New Covenant and that his blood is sufficient. Where as the blood of goats and bulls for 4000 years has not met the requirements for the fulfilling of the law, HIS BLOOD IS SUFFICIENT. This is what He was talking about when he said that He had come to fulfill the law not do away with it.
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
That He in one selfless loving act would do what no other sacrifice had been able to do and would begin a new covenant with the God of Creation. A blood covenant that if anyone would trust in the power of this blood, they would receive
There is wonder working power in the precious blood of the Lamb of God, power to take away the sins of the world.
I. His Blood Has the power to Redeem
“Redeemed, redeemed, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. Redeemed, redeemed, His child forever I am.”
Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
A. The law was hard; It was almost a curse upon mankind. No one could be pure enough, good enough, holy enough to obey the entire law.
B. The law held men in bondage, and showed every imperfection in humanity.
C. But the blood of Jesus freed us from the curse of sin and death.
Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
D. The law had no completion
– Today a lamb, tomorrow a dove, next week a goat, the next a bull.
– It never stopped, constantly trying to cover the sins of a nation.
– The priest had to enter the Holy of Hollies once a year every year to sprinkle blood upon the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant to atone for the sins of the nation of Israel.
1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
– But one Cry from Jesus and God was no longer separated from man by a veil but as he cried out “It is finished” the veil was torn from top to bottom and now man could be redeemed by the New Covenant of The Blood of Jesus.
– And now man is no longer separated from the presence of God by this blood.
Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Hebrews 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Hebrews 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,