"Practice, Practice, Practice
Sermon shared by Gerald Roberts
Summary: Paul beleives in order to be a better christian you must practice living the faith. This sermon teaches us how to practice our faith.
Denomination: United Methodist
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Practice Practice Practice Christianity Ephesians 4:17-32, 5:1 -3
• There's an old story about golf champion Ben Hogan. After Hogan had won a major tournament, a reporter asked him: "How is it that, under pressure, you're able to hit so many miraculous shots?” After reflecting for a moment, Hogan answered, "I guess I'm just lucky.” But, Mr. Hogan," the reporter came back, "you practice more than any golfer who ever lived." "Well," Hogan said, "the more I practice, the luckier I get."
A. The more you practice Faithfulness the more faithful you are
B. The more you practice praying the more prayer becomes normal part of life
C. The more you attend the places of presences the more the presence you feel
D. The more you practice attendance at church the more church becomes Church
E. The more you practice a life of Christianity the more your life exhibits Christianity
• Paul tells us that the Heathen are practicing a life that is frustrating, useless, and meaningless Paul says do not live this way. They are darkened in there understanding vs 17-19
A. The reason they have lost understanding is because they do not know God.
B. They have lost all sensitivity (They are without feeling no sympathetic response
C. They have indulged in every kind of impurity and continually lust for more.
D. Matthew 24:12Because iniquity abound, the love of many shall wax cold, but he that endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.",
E. Paul basically says, “don't practice that life style Practice this life style”
• Paul says Practice Putting away lying and speak the truth
God said in Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man that he should lie"
• Psalmist 89:35 God said, "I will not lie to David."
• One of the commandment "Thou shalt not bear false witness"
• Jesus said, I am the way the Truth and the Life
• The lord said the following about Satan He was a murderer from the beginning and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion