Praise God for His Present Help in Times of Trouble
Sermon shared by Paul Fritz
Summary: Every day we see news of war, destruction and impending conflicts raging all over the earth. Yet, even if the world goes to war we need not fear. We can praise God for His deliverance because He is our present refuge and strength always ready to help us i
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Praise God for His Present Help in Times of Trouble (Psa 46:1,2)
Every day we see news of war, destruction and impending conflicts raging all over the earth. Yet, even if the world goes to war we need not fear. We can praise God for His deliverance because He is our present refuge and strength always ready to help us in times of trouble. It may seem nearly impossible to consider all the turmoil of war befalling the world without being afraid but God is our refuge even in the midst of total destruction. Praise God that He is not a temporary respite or retreat. He is our eternal refuge and can provide strength for any circumstance you may be facing.
The following are seven ways we can praise God more completely for His reassuring presence:
1. Present Help and Stay – God is our refuge and strength a very present help in the time of trouble, therefore we will not fear (Psa 46:1,2)Praise God that you can always find a safe hiding place in Him for whatever problems, pressures or predicaments you may be facing.
2. Preserver – Love not the world (I Jn 2:15,16)Praise God that He teaches us how to be preserved from self-destructive practices by refusing to love the world, the flesh and the prideful things of life.
3. Pressure – Praise God for helping us be convicted by the Spirit at the right times and amounts. "When He the Spirit of truth is come, he will convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment."
4. Prevailer of Eternal Purpose – It is the Lord’s purposes that will prevail (Prov. 19:21)Praise God that despite what the newspapers or TV news may indicate, God still sits on the throne of heaven ruling all things well. John Wesley said, "I have never known more than fifteen minutes of anxiety. Whenever I get worried I turn my eyes toward heaven and see God sitting on the throne ruling all things perfectly well. He remains in charge."
5. Prevailer – Love bears all things, believes all things, hope all things, and endures all things. Praise God that His love prevails over all turmoil, trouble and trauma.
6. Preventer of Mistakes – Watch and pray that you enter not in to temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (Matt 26:41)Praise God that He shows us how prevention is always better and less stressful than a curative measure.
7. Priceless – How priceless is your unfailing love (Psa 36:7)Praise God that His love is enriching, enlightening and enabling us to do things that are unfathomable to the human imagination.
More attributes of God to praise Him for:
Fixing Our Eyes on Jesus as the Author and Perfecter of Our Faith – Heb. 12:1-3
Pain Reliever – He heals the broken hearted and sets the captives free
Parable Teacher – I will open my mouth in parables (Ps 78:2)
Parent – Wealth are inherited by from parents (Pr 19:14)
Pass Through Enabler – Pass through, pass through the gates. Prepare the way for the people…raise a banner for the nations (Isa 62:10)
Passion – I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my supplication (Psa 116:1, 2)
Passover Lamb – You are the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world
Pastor – Not as lords but as the Shepherd of your flock (I Pet 5:1-5)
Pastor – Praise you that you are the good shepherd so I do not have to want (Psa 23)
Pasture Giver – Praise you that make me lie down in green pastures and restore my soul
Pasture Provider – He leads
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion