Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
5. Pray for even our enemies. Luke 6:28 says:Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
WHEN SHOULD WE PRAY:
Psalms 55:16,17 says: As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. We should pray in the morning, noon and in the evening.
In Isaiah 62:6,7 we saw ’pray always’ that is 24 hours a day.
In Mark 1:35 we see, early morning: And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed
In Luke 6:12 we see ’whole night’:And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
In Mark 6:41 we see before meals:And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.
FOR WHAT SHOULD WE PRAY:
For ourselves, we should pray. In1 Chronicle 4:10 we see: And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
For one another, we should pray. In James 5:16 we see:Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
For our spiritual leaders, growth of church and gospel, we should pray. In 2 Thes.3:1 we see:Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you
Pray for sick. In James 5:15 we see: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him
Pray for the fallen believers: In John 5:16 we read:If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
For the Father’s Will to be done, not ours...Matthew 6:10 "Thy Will be
in earth, as it is in heaven."
and Matthew 26:39 "...nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt"
1.Who will assist us in prayer? In Rom 8:26 we see: Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Our helper is Holy Spirit in our prayers.
2. Our co-believer is another help in prayers. In Mathew 18:19 we read: Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. If two of us agree in heart on a subject we pray, the success is guaranteed!
3. Prayer by whole church yield result. In Acts 4:24 we see:And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
God Bless you!
- God Brings Purpose
- All Sermons on God Brings Purpose
- Text Illustrations on God Brings Purpose
- Video Illustrations on God Brings Purpose
- PowerPoint Template on God Brings Purpose
- Scripture on God Brings Purpose
Join the discussion