Putting Your Faith Into Action
Sermon shared by Jeff Budzinski
Summary: Last week we discussed that faith must be part of our daily lifestyle. The just shall live by faith. We walk by faith, not by sight. When we live a life of faith, it pleases God. We all start off with a measure of faith, it only increases when you mediate
Series: Part 2
Audience: Seeker adults
About Sermon Contributor
∑ Last week we discussed that faith must be part of our daily lifestyle. The just shall live by faith. We walk by faith, not by sight.
∑ When we live a life of faith, it pleases God. We all start off with a measure of faith, it only increases when you mediate on the Word and put it into action.
∑ Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
∑ Our faith is our victory.
∑ This week I want to expand our faith by putting it into action.
∑ Faith without action is ineffective. Your faith should be reflected in your actions.
∑ If you believe Godís Word, you need to demonstrate your faith by acting out on what you believe.
∑ Let us look to the Word of God this morning and set some action to our faith.
1. Faith put into action can be seen.
(NKJV) James 1 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
1. Your faith is reflected in everything you do.
a. Faith is evident by your actions. You can tell a lot about a person who has faith by the words they speak, by their actions and the way they deal with situations.
b. Faith is an attitude that must be displayed through your action. In other words, being a doer of the Word of God.
2. As Christians, we must take action that agrees with, stands for, abides in or reflects our faith in Jesus.
a. If you are believing God for finances for a car, then you must put action to your faith. First, go look and drive the car you desire. Second, pick up a brochure and post it in your office or home. Third, write out a check for the down payment and keep it in your drawer until the money manifests. Be in prayer and believe on His Word.
b. Put your faith into action by doing things that line up with your current level of faith.
c. Sometimes faith in action is simply resting in the confidence that God has already taken care of your situation.
3. Faith without proper action is ineffective.
(NKJV) James 2 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
4. The word ďworksĒ means corresponding action.
5. The Word of God must be combined with faith in order to yield results.
6. As a Christian, you should be willing to go to great lengths to demonstrate your faith. Your confidence in Godís ability will bring the Word to pass.
a. (Example 1) The women with the issue of blood (Mark 5: 28-34)
b. (Example 2) The centurion with a servant that was paralyzed and tormented (Matthew 8:5-13)
c. (Example 3) The men who tore the roof off a house to get a sick man to Jesus so he could be healed. (Mark 2:1-5)
7. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, but without action, it is ineffective.
8. Donít act in a way that is opposite to what you say you believe.
2. Obedience and faith in Godís Word guarantees results.
1. When God tells you to do something and you do it, you are acting in faith.
2. You canít obtain the promises of God except through faith.
(NKJV) Hebrews 11 32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion