Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Are you a new leader? Have you been promoted recently?
II. AUDIENCE PROFILE:
To remind the new leaders that GOD is with them.
6. So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
8. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
Pray: Oh Father-heart GOD, be with us as You have promised us that You will not leave us nor forsake us.
Be strong and courageous for the LORD GOD will not fail us nor forsake us.
Reminder to New Leaders
A. Author: Moses
B. Name: derived from 2 Greek words: (1) Deuteros - second, (2) Nomos - law
C. Key Thought: Divine requirement of obedience (Deuteronomy 10: 12-13)
Deuteronomy 10: 12-13
12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul.13 And you must always obey the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good.
D. Main Theme: Rehearsal of the laws proclaimed at Sinai
E. Historical Occasion: Previous generations have died in the wilderness, that's why everything here is repeated by Moses to the second generation
VIII. MAIN BODY:
A. Be Strong and Courageous: (Joshua 1:6, 1 Chronicles 28:20)
Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them.
1 Chronicles 28:20
Then David continued, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.
B. Do not be afraid
1. Fear GOD, not men (Matthew 10:28)
Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
C. GOD our LORD will go ahead of us:
1. GOD is with us (Genesis 28:5, Exodus 33:14, Isaiah 43:2, Matthew 18:20, Matthew 28:20)
So Isaac sent Jacob away, and he went to Paddan-aram to stay with his uncle Laban, his mother’s brother, the son of Bethuel the Aramean.
The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.”
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
D. GOD will not fail us
1. GOD's righteous rule will never fail (Isaiah 51:6, 1 Chronicles 28:20)
Look up to the
- Leadership: General
- All Sermons on Leadership: General
- Text Illustrations on Leadership: General
- Video Illustrations on Leadership: General
- PowerPoint Template on Leadership: General
- Scripture on Leadership: General
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Deuteronomy 31:6-31:8
- All sermons from William R. Nabaza
- Sermons on Courageous
- Sermons on preparation
- Sermons on Leaders
Join the discussion