Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Exodus 12:13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.
1. God requires innocent life-blood to atone for Sin.
O.T. - Leviticus 17:11 ’For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’
N.T. - Hebrews 9:22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
· Think about your blood... coursing through your veins right now... 4-5qts, 32.4 tons per day flows
· “Atonement” – to make reconciliation, to forgive, satisfy, cover, propitiate – “What can wash away my sin?”
· All have sinned and fallen short of God... Relationship is broken... only restored through the blood
· God requires a blood sacrifice to cleanse your soul of sin... innocent bulls, lambs, doves, etc
· But ultimately God sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to once & for all cleanse our sins!
· 290 references to the love of God, there are more than 1,300 references to the blood atonement
2. Jesus died in the place of sinners (Substitutionary). He died for you... He took your place.
Matthew 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Matthew 26:28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
· This is not make believe, fairy tale, or some outdated doctrine for these modern times.
· Some churches remove the blood, saying it’s a gory religion... The blood of Christ is precious!
Slide – Lion and the Lamb - Jesus came as a Lamb but returns as the Lion of the tribe of Judah! ~ Rev 5:5
Slide - Substitutionary Death...
Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Let’s go back to the cross...
Slide – Christ on Cross - 1 Corinthians 5:7b “...For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.”
Slide – Close up of Jesus eyes/blood - Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice... "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
· I want to take you back to the cross... high noon the sun went black... Jesus now bearing our sins
· Only time recorded that Jesus called His Father, God... My God, My God why have you forsaken me?
· God is Holy & pure He can not even look upon His own Son at this time... when our sins were placed upon His Son, the spotless, blameless, sinless Lamb of God... shut your eyes for a moment and place your hand out in front of you... symbolically upon the thorn torn brow of Jesus... can you feel Him quiver? Shaking? Struggling to breath? Do you hear His groans? The jeers of the crowd? Can you smell the smells of blood and death? Feel and
- All Sermons on Salvation
- Text Illustrations on Salvation
- Video Illustrations on Salvation
- PowerPoint Template on Salvation
- Scripture on Salvation
Join the discussion