Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
2. What happens when we miss a season. basically you don’t have the wind at your back, helping to blow you in the direction that you’re trying to go. Lets look at our same young man and what his life would have been like if he‘d missed his season of preparation. . Instead of choosing to continue his education, he decides to wait a while, get a job... in order to have some money in his pocket , buy some nice clothes and a nice car. For right now he decides to just hang out with the fellows, shoot a little ball at the gym, hang out at the clubs and chase some fly honeys. This is all fun until one day he wakes up and finds that he’s 30 years old, married, has two kids and is stuck in the same low paying job that he started after high school. He realizes that he needs to do something better but, in order to... he needs to further his education . Now , our young man has missed his proper season of preparation. yes, he can go back and get further training or education but look at the things around him. they’re not necessarily working to help him with this. Furthering his education will cost a substantial amount of money. Those people who would have been willing to help pay for his education are probably not there anymore. The people who would have been willing to provide living expenses so he wouldn’t have to work are probably not there any more. So the burden of paying for this additional education is on him. Since things are already financially tight with he and his family, either he or his wife , or both of them , will have to take on 2nd jobs to help pay for this additional education.
Going to school will require that our young man spend a lot of time studying. If he isn’t very careful, between work and school, his quality family time is going to be very scarce. This might cause problems within the family.
Then, the young man’s wife just might not be agreeable and understanding toward his desire to further his education for the sake of the family.
3. What happens when we get ahead of a season of god in in life? if you’ll look at genesis 15 through 18 you’ll find the story of Abraham and Sarah. God promises, in spite of their old age, that Sarah will become pregnant and have a son. They were happy but doubtful. So , they decided to get ahead of God - to get ahead of their season. of course we know that Sarah gave Abraham her slave girl, who he impregnated with a son. But then.... the true season
- Growth in Christ
- All Sermons on Growth in Christ
- Text Illustrations on Growth in Christ
- Video Illustrations on Growth in Christ
- PowerPoint Template on Growth in Christ
- Scripture on Growth in Christ
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Ecclesiastes|Genesis 3|8:1|22-3|8:4|22
- All sermons from Gerald Williams
- Sermons on Spring
- Sermons on Summer
- Sermons on Winter
Join the discussion