Setting a good example
Sermon shared by Jose Gomez Sr
Summary: Are you a good axample to others?. Without a doubt many have been a bad example to others at one point or another, sometimes to someone who is weaker or a new brother or sister in the faith.
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
1. Paul was talking to Timothy who was a Pastor and also a young man. Everyone who is a leader, whether at church or anywhere has an additional responsibility)
No matter who you are, others are looking at you and being influenced by your example. Without a doubt many have been a bad example to other Christians at one point or another, sometimes to someone who is weaker or a new brother or sister in the faith. No reason is legitimate whether you are having a bad day or have a chip on your shoulder; no one has the right to belittle anyone.
2. Someone has said that; “a good leader is one who "knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way."(It’s not good enough to just know the way), Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life and He also demonstrated it.
3. Paul said; “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example to other believers”. (Being young is no excuse to not set a good example)
4. The way we set an example;
1. With our speech, Colossians 4:6 says; Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
2. The way we live our lives. Romans 1:17, Hab.2:4, “The righteous will live by his faith.”(WE HAVE A SET OF STANDARDS)
3. The way we love others.* John 13:35, By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
4. The way we demonstrate our faith. “We live it”
5. In purity. *Philipians 4:8, Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion