SNOW AND SOME SPIRITUAL LESSONS THAT WE CAN GLEAN FROM SNOW!
Sermon shared by John Wright
Summary: Snow is beautiful and is a reminder of God's great creative power; it illustrates the pure and sinless nature of Christ; snow illustrates God's word working in individuals and snow illustrates forgiveness and the covering up of that which is dirty and ugl
Denomination: Christian/Church of Christ
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
1. Open your bible to Job 37:6.
2. Last week on Thursday and Thursday night (2/11/10) North East Texas received the most snow that it had received in quite a few years.
(1) Longview had received 4” to 6” on the ground by Friday morning.
(2) Talco had received about 8” on the ground by Friday morning.
(3) I think all of us would agree that Friday morning provided some of the most beautiful scenery that most of us had seen in quite some time.
(4) For some of our children and young people it was the most snow that they had ever seen in Texas.
3. In this lessons we will discuss some things about snow that provide spiritual lessons.
I. FIRST, SNOW IS A REMINDER OF GOD’S GREAT CREATIVE POWER.
1. Let’s read Job 37:6, “For He [God] says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’; Likewise to the gentle rain and the heavy rain of His strength.”
(1) One of the most attention getting things about snow is when we begin to see those first snowflakes falling.
(2) The snowflakes are falling, because has told them to “fall on the earth”.
2. At first the snowflakes may be very small. They may not be very plentiful.
(1) After a short while they may begin to come a lot faster. They begin to come in larger sizes.
(2) They may be in different shapes and designs.
(3) It is said that there are a minimum of ten different forms of snowflakes. Some snowflakes just look like a small puff ball of white cotton.
1) Some look like a floating white feather or a floating white leaf. Some look like a star. Some look like a white needle. Some look like white fish bones. Some look like a white bullet. Some are in the form of a miniature white tree. I’m sure you’ve see some shaped different that what I have described.
2) Those who have done research say that there have never been two snowflakes just exactly alike.
3) For God to create the trillions of snowflakes that He has created and for no two of them to be alike points out the Great Power of God.
3. This unique thing about snowflakes reminds us that God not only created them, but that God created everything else.
(1) Turn to Jeremiah 32:17. Here, declaration is made that everything was created by God. Let’s read Jeremiah 32:17, “‘Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.”
(2) Turn to Jeremiah 51:15&16. Here, Jeremiah goes into detail about the power, wisdom and understanding of God and many of specific things that God created. Let’s read Jeremiah 51:15&16, “15 He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, And stretched out the heaven by His understanding. 16 When He utters His voice— There is a multitude of waters in the heavens: “ He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightnings for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries.”
4. Just as no two snowflakes are alike, no two human beings are exactly alike. No set of finger prints are exactly alike.
5. Snowflakes and all of God’s creation prove in many ways that everything that was created came from our all powerful God.
(1) God has designed everyone and everything so wonderful.
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion