Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Screamer water slide experience. You want to share the experience, That’s why I’m preaching this today, as an excuse to mention it.
Our text talks about sharing an even more important experience, the experience of a life changing encounter with Jesus.
Four Important Components of Sharing that experience.
1. Something To Share
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
In Order to have something to share you must have an undeniable experience with Jesus Christ. John said he had “heard”, “seen” and “touched” Jesus. Obviously, the first twelve disciples had such experiences. However, you and I in this life will never be able to hear, see and touch Jesus physically. Are we at a disadvantage? No it is possible for you to have a personal experience with Jesus that is as real as physically seeing, hearing or touching Him.
To have something to share we need to share out of our personal experience. All of us naturally share from our experiences both good and bad. They form who we are. For example about half of my adult life so far was spent in the military, those experiences in some ways define who I am. Now maybe some of you are tired of hearing about my Army experiences, but you’d never ask me to not share those experiences because that would be to say “I don’t like who you are.”
You can’t take it out of me any more than you can take out of some of you the experiences of growing up on a farm, they define you in some ways. Now being in the army or growing up on a farm, no one has to tell you to share those experiences, you just do share them especially with those you are close to, but your personal experience with Jesus should be just as much and even more a part of you that you just naturally share with others.
But you can’t share what you don’t have any more than you can come back from a place you’ve never been.
2. Willingness to Share
2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
John was intentional about sharing his experience with Jesus. We too need to be active in sharing. Peter said that we should “always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).
7 tips for sharing the Gospel from David Jeremiah’s Turning Points magazine.
1. Ask God to give you an evangelistic burden for others. Ask Him to help you see the world as He sees it, and to lay upon your heart a handful of people for whom you can earnestly pray. Then pray over those names every day. Keep a little prayer list, and pray for an opportunity of reaching these souls for Christ.
2. Live a consistent Christian life before these people. Jesus said, "You are the light of the world. . . . Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:14-16).
3. Build bridges to others. When the Lord shows you those needing Christ, seek to build a relationship with them. Remember how Jesus went to the home of Zacchaeus where many sinners had gathered?
4. Learn the Gospel. Not just debating politics.
5. Watch for openings to share a word for
- Evangelism: How To
- All Sermons on Evangelism: How To
- Text Illustrations on Evangelism: How To
- Video Illustrations on Evangelism: How To
- PowerPoint Template on Evangelism: How To
- Scripture on Evangelism: How To
Join the discussion