1. GOD CARES
- What matters?
- People that matter?
- Ideas that matter?
- Things that matter (enormous, large, small, teeny tiny)?
- God cares for all things, no matter how big or how small they are: Huge mountains, microscopic cells and everything in between
- God cares for us so much, that he even knows how many hairs we have on our heads:
- "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30And even the hairs of your head are all counted. 31So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows."
2a. LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
- God's love is bigger than your own
- Sometimes too big to understand
- Just amazing
- Tell it out loud:
- “So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered up that will not be uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known. 27What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops."
2b. JESUS PROVOKES
- Jesus calls his disciples
- Jesus calls us as well
- Jesus provokes us to think outside the box
- Jesus even destroys some of our boxes with the sword he brings along:
- “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."
- We as human beings are judgmental, God is not
- God's love is unconditional. That is hard to accept and a source of conflict for us:
- "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me."
- No matter where you are on life's journey, you're welcome.
- Do we really welcome?
3. SPREAD GOD'S LOVE
- Do we really spread the love?
- There are as many kinds of love as there are people
- Today we talk about two kinds of people:
- 1. Those you already happened to run into: Do we really extend an extravagant welcome?
- 2. Inviting hearts: Do we really reach out?