Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Series: Holy Spirit Rises
Joke: You Might Be Charismatic or Pentecostal If ...
You think the fire safety slogan "Stop, Drop, & Roll" is the title of a new book on Holy Spirit etiquette.
You stay home from church because you’re afraid some prophet will read your mail in public.
Your closet is divided into two sections - clothes that are appropriate for falling and those that are not.
You try to pray down fire from heaven on the dry cleaning outfit that ruined your suit.
When you break a fingernail, you blame it on spiritual warfare.
You think that the movie FREE WILLY is an instructional video on deliverance by the Happy Hunters.
You develop a slight hand tremor, and 40 people ask for your prayers during ministry time.
You lie on the floor to nap through boring sermons and are perceived as super-spiritual when you get up.
You speak King James English when disciplining your kids ... "Be-hold, thou hast sham-ed thyself , and sham-ed thy Gawd! To thy room!"
You praise God daily that your no longer a _______________ (fill in the name of the denomination you came out of).
As you can see from our funny side of life today we discover some people just don’t understand people who seek to be filled with Holy Spirit and desire to move out in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Quote: Mike McCartney, “The Holy Spirit is a person in and of God and a presence who dwells within a spirit filled believer and as a result there is tangible difference in that persons life!”
Summary of the 11 attributes of the Holy Spirit:
1. The Holy Spirit possesses a divine personality and personally chooses people for ministry assignments (Acts 13: 2).
2. The Holy Spirit communicates with us (Rev. 2: 7).
3. The Holy Spirit searches out the deep things of God to make them known to believers (1 Cor. 2: 9– 12).
4. The Holy Spirit is the one who makes Christ a living reality to the believer (Eph. 3: 16–17).
5. The Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of Christ (Rom. 8: 9).
6. The Holy Spirit is coequal with both the Father and Son as part of the mystery of the triune God.
7. The Holy Spirit is God’s Agent of change and transformation on this earth sent by Jesus to us – the question is do you want Him to come into your life and transform you! (Acts 1: 4, 8; 2:1-4).
8. The Holy Spirit can be grieved – can be offended and hurt. The Bible warns us not to grieve or quench the Holy Spirit in our lives or in our churches. We need to be cautious that we do not forsake the Word of God, or be rebellious, sinful and divisionary, we need to make sure we do not forbid the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and we need to make sure that prayer stays at the forefront of our spiritual lives – both independently and in the corporately (Ephesians 4:29-32; 1 Thessalonians 5: 19-22)
9. The Holy Spirit is our personal tutor sent by Jesus to enlighten our hearts and minds to the teachings of the Word of God, to be able to understand and grasp the concepts of the Bible and the spiritual realm in which we all live. He instructs us in what is right and wrong. He leads us to truth –He instructs us and guides our decisions in life – He teaches us how to flow in His spiritual gifts and to understand what Jesus has already taught (John 16:1-15).
10. The Holy Spirit resides in a Spirit filled believer, in other words
- Holy Spirit: General
- All Sermons on Holy Spirit: General
- Text Illustrations on Holy Spirit: General
- Video Illustrations on Holy Spirit: General
- PowerPoint Template on Holy Spirit: General
- Scripture on Holy Spirit: General
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Mark 1:10-1:10
- All sermons from Michael McCartney
- Sermons on Holy Spirit
- Sermons on Spirit
- Sermons on Spirit Baptism
Join the discussion