Many people know truth, but struggle to effectively communicate it. Jesus Christ was a Master at communicating truth to a wide variety of audiences. Not only did Jesus communicate truth with love, but He presented ideas that spawned the planting and growing of His church throughout the world. Our Lord communicated in a way that combined the best elements of teaching, inspiring, persuading, entertaining, correcting, rebuking, illustrating, questioning, encouraging, exhorting and listening.
1. Jesus knew how to communicate through most people’s mental and emotional filters. Our Lord knew how to proceed from a person’s felt need to hard spiritual realities. Jesus knew that by targeting His message to receptive people, His truth would multiply through disciples fashioned after His image.
2. Jesus knew how to present truth in a holistic way that showed effective use of non-verbal and verbal forms of communication. Our Lord was a genius at using facial gestures to his audience to accent oral communication. By using His entire lifestyle as the embodiment of truth, Jesus communicated by example. Learn from the lifestyle and ministry of Jesus Christ secrets of holistic communications.
3. Jesus loved people in a way that communicated the most important truth to every individual. Our Lord knew that giving meat to baby Christians would not be effective. He gauged the type of communication to every audience on each occasion to what would make the greatest impact for eternity.
4. Jesus communicated truth with pure motives. People knew that the Good Shepherd was willing to lay down His life for the sheep. They never had to question the level of His commitment to communicating truth that would stand the test of time, scrutiny, or historical second-guessing.
5. Jesus communicated truth creatively. Our Lord never allowed His communication to become dull. Jesus Christ’s communication was fresh, dynamic and relevant.
6. Jesus communicated in a way that was more authoritative than any other communicator. Jesus said, "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations." (Matthew 28:19,20) When a person knows that what they have to communicate is important it changes how they will present their message. Dwight L. Moody was once asked, "How do you manage to communicate with such passion every single time?" He said, "Before I go before any audience I get down on my knees and ask God just one thing. Lord, light me on fire!"
7. Jesus communicated as much through questions as He did through straight-forward preaching. Most people fail to realize that we will be considered excellent communicators if we only learn the art and science of asking great questions and listening to people.
8. Jesus used dialogue as an effective means of communicating to a range of people. Our Lord used this free flowing style of communication to build relationships that enhance a two-way flow of information.
9. Jesus helped break through pretense and superficiality in communication through the use of His eye contact. The kind look of Jesus communicated love, compassion and understanding too deep for words.