THE BLOOD OF JESUS WILL NEVER LOSE ITS POWER
Sermon shared by Mike Sanders
Summary: There is Power in the Blood of Jesus
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
T.T. 1 Peter 1
I have title this sermon
The blood of Jesus will never lose its power.
When talking about blood as we know it.....human blood
1. Our Blood has a very short life span.
2. The average person has about ten pints of blood in his or her body.
3. Over half of it is liquid, called plasma
4. And most of the rest of it is made up of red cells,
5. which die after 120 days and are constantly being replaced.
In contrast, one of the most non-perishable thing on earth is gold.
Not even salt water affects it –
even if it lies in it for centuries.
These fact made by Peter, are very encouraging to us:
1 Peter 1:18-19 (NIV)
18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
The blood of Jesus certainly is not perishable.
In this verse ...Peter meant to startle us - into seeing a tremendous truth.
The world thinks yhat money is everything,
but Peter intended us to see that it has no spiritual value whatever.
There are no spiritual cash bargains.
In real terms only the blood of Jesus has lasting value.
When heaven and earth vanish, the redeeming power of Christ’s blood will continue.
We talk about “precious metals” such as silver and gold,
but Peter would rather talk about “the precious blood of Christ.”
STATEMENT: It does what money cannot do – it cleanses sinners.
The greatest sin is to say we have no sin.
That is plain self-deception.
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8).
T.T. Revelation 12
There is great power in the blood of Jesus
1. It has redeemed us
2. It has cleansed us
3. It’s a part of the atonement
4. It has the power to remove our sins –not just cover our sins –but remove them
Revelation 12:11 (NIV)
11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
The verse is a powerful verse in the Bible;
1. The power of the blood of Jesus –
2. gives us weapons that we can use in our lives
3. It’s a weapon that has never lost his power
4. It’s highly effective.
5. The devil and demons begin to squirm,
i. when you start to talk about the blood of Jesus.
• The blood speaks volumes.
• It tells us that he died and rose again
and defeated the devil.
• The blood… of the every lasting covenant
• You are redeemed by that blood!
• You have been redeemed out of the power of darkness.
• Satan has no power over you.
Do you know that when the blood of Jesus is mentioned,
The devil and demons and all hell trembles?
Did you know every time the blood is mentioned,
heaven and hell remember that day.
• Look at your neighbor and - say that day.
> The devil and demon forces and angels and God Himself,
> the blood of Jesus is mentioned, they remember that day.
every time the blood is mentioned,
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion