The Compassionate Life
Sermon shared by Daniel Haas
Summary: How do you live up to the golden rule?
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
- It’s not about affection but compassion
- Jesus lead a compassionate life (friend of sinners and tax-collectors) and was prosecuted for that
- Teacher to the Pharisees
- 12-year-old in the temple
- Golden Rule: "He who has the gold, makes the rules"
- Israel’s creed
- compassionate prayer (golden letters)
- the law is not about rules, but about love
- AS yourself
- How to love that mean neighbor?
- How do I DO that loving?
- Christ’s compassionate life for us: Christ praying for us
- Our compassionate life rooted in Christ’s passion
- Be honest to yourself and your neighbor, in case your whole self is based in the LORD your God
- Prayer for ourselves
- by ourselves
- together with others
- Church Bell Lord’s Prayer
- AS for our neighbors
- Love of God results in love of neighbor
- Christ’s neighborhood is way greater than any ward
- neighbor in church: how do we love one another?
- we pray for each other - can’t do that alone
- we spend time with one another - that is love in action like dating - being there for each other - not just on Sundays
- commitment: this coming week
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion