"The Family Under Attack!" Part 1 of 5
Sermon shared by Dave Martin
Summary: Howís your family this morning? Strong, vibrant, standing in good relationships with love? Or is it filled with anger, yelling, crying and desperation? Our families today are under attack like never before, itís time to reclaim our homes for Christ.
Series: Home Improvement
Denomination: Bible Church
Audience: General adults
* We see this so called "enlightenment" constantly in the teaching of evolution.
Acts 17:23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.
* In Kate Milletís book (a women liberation movement member) "Sexual Politics" she says, "The family must go because it is the family that has oppressed and enslaved women".
* In David Cooperís book (a British physician) "The Death of the Family" says, "the best thing society could do is to abolish the family altogether".
* This Humanistic thought is seen in TV, Education institutions, everywhere in society.
* Humanistic thought is from the pits of hell and is attacking our homes with lies.
* To counter this scheme we need to bath ourselves daily in Godís Word - TRUTH.
2. AMORAL philosophy. (Rom 1:21)
No accountability, restraints, or standards, Iím boss, Iíll do what I please.
* Godís standard of one man and one woman for one lifetime is being redefined.
* Homosexuality, transvestites, perverted lifestyles are redefining the home & marriage.
* It was Adam & Eve NOT Adam & Steve. This "gay" lifestyle is perversion and highly destructive of the traditional home and family.
Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
* This amoral invasion into our homes, a philosophy that is poisoning our families today. Which says, there is no right or wrong, if it feels good, then do it, situation ethics.
* Having a seared conscience, no restraints, no judgment to come.
* Co-habitation jumped 740% between 1970 and 1989. One-third adults today have co-habited, they also experience a higher divorce rate than those who havenít.
* This thought says abortion is OK while protecting the snail darter. Hypocrisy.
3. MEDIA invasion. (1John 2:15)
Television, Internet, video products, etc.
1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
* Television portrays a world of alternative lifestyles, where wickedness abounds as being cool.
* Drug use, deviate lifestyles, sexual promiscuity is portrayed in a positive, fun, letís all do it way.
* Television and the Internet is busting at the seams promoting pornography which is a multi-billion dollar industry, as it systematically destroys our families and homes.
* The divorce rate among evangelical Christians is very near that of the unsaved around 50%.
* 50% of our children 6-17 have a TV in their rooms. Children watch TV an average of 1,680 minutes or 28 hours per week. With 6 out of 10 children living in a single parent household.
* Weíre allowing things to come into our homes, five years ago you would never allow in.
* TV, Internet, even video games are all doing their hideous part in attacking our families.
* Sports, news, nature shows are robbing the family of precious time together - (Isolation).
* Desensitizing the Christian to allow more and more garbage and clutter into their lives.
4. SECULAR mindset. (Mt. 6:19-20)
More things, choices, activities and less time.
* Itís so sad when the secular mindset of the world infiltrates
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion