Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Thesis: The way to avoid Godís anger is to be in the middle of His perfect Will.
I. Predicated on the Past
A. Presence of Godís Pleasure in spite of His Anger
a. God blessed Israel through Mosesí leadership.
(1) Quite amazing considering God wanted to destroy the Israelites at times.
(2) Quite amazing considering that when God was happy with the Israelites, Moses wanted to destroy them.
b. Israel provoked God to anger during Mosesí leadership.
c. Overall, God blessed Israel during Mosesí leadership.
a. God blessed Israel through Samuelís leadership.
(1) Quite amazing considering the fact that God was rejected as King of Israel.
(2) Quite amazing considering the fact that Samuel followed in Eliís footsteps and refused to disciple his sons.
(a) This caused shame on Israel.
(b) This cause Israel to reject Samuelís sons as judges and beg for a king.
b. Israel provoked God to anger during Samuelís leadership.
(1) The folly of the 1st Battle of Aphek-4,000 soldiers killed.
(2) The folly of the 2nd Battle of Aphek
(a) 30,000 solders killed
(b) The Ark of the Covenant captured.
(c) Shiloh plundered.
(d) Philistine power is in ascendancy for twenty years.
c. Overall, God blessed Israel during Samuelís leadership.
B. Presence of Godís Displeasure
1. The Promise of the Law
a. Idolatrous people would be scattered Leviticus 26:33 33 And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
b. Idolatrous people would be removed Deuteronomy 28:25 25 The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
c. Idolatrous people get what they want Deuteronomy 28:64 64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
2. The Position of the LORD
a. Concerning Manasseh
(1) Manasseh caused a nation to sin (idolatry) 2 Kings 21:11 11 Because Manasseh king of Judah hath done these abominations, and hath done wickedly above all that the Amorites did, which were before him, and hath made Judah also to sin with his idols:
(2) Manasseh called down the wrath of God 2 Kings 23:26 26 Notwithstanding the LORD turned not from the fierceness of his great wrath, wherewith his anger was kindled against Judah, because of all the provocations that Manasseh had provoked him withal.
(3) God did not relent, Mannaseh did not repent 2 Kings 24:3, 4 3 Surely at the commandment of the LORD came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; 4 And also for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which the LORD would not pardon.
b. Concerning Ahab
(1) The son of Omri, whom he succeeded as the seventh king of Israel.
(2) His wife was Jezebel, who exercised a very evil influence over him.
(3) To the calf-worship introduced by Jeroboam he added the worship of Baal.
(4) He was severely admonished
- All Sermons on Grace
- Text Illustrations on Grace
- Video Illustrations on Grace
- PowerPoint Template on Grace
- Scripture on Grace
Join the discussion