Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
A. Jeremiah is beaten by Pashur 1-2
B. Jeremiah is put in stocks 2
C. Jeremiah is released from the stocks 3
D. Jeremiah prophesies the imprisonment and death of Pashur 4-6
E. Jeremiah’s bitter complaint about his plight 7-10
1. Jeremiah attempts to quit preaching. 9
2. He cannot stop. 9
II. The Prophet’s Prayer 11-13
A. Jeremiah Prays to see his enemies stumble 11
1. Jeremiah might have has some of David’s imprecatory Psalms in mind.
2. The righteous must remember that vengeance belongs to God.
B. God tests the righteous (sometimes by the wicked)
C. Jeremiah concludes his prayer with praise 13
III. The Prophet’s Curse 14-18
A. The prophet curses the day he was born 14
1. What a pity party!
2. Jeremiah, Job and Jonah have something in common other than their names starting with the same letter.
3. Job expresses this same opinion
Job 3.3 "May the day perish on which I was born, And the night in which it was said, ‘A male child is conceived.’
4. So does Jonah
Jonah 3.3 "Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!"
B. Quit belly-aching and go to work!
- Communication: General
- All Sermons on Communication: General
- Text Illustrations on Communication: General
- Video Illustrations on Communication: General
- PowerPoint Template on Communication: General
- Scripture on Communication: General
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Jeremiah 20:1-20:18
- All sermons from David Hallum
- Sermons on bones
Join the discussion