The Fire Burning in My Bones
Sermon shared by David Hallum
Summary: For the God-called minister, Godís Word is in his heart like a burning fire shut up in his bones. A preacher MUST preach!
Series: The Book of Jeremiah
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
A. Jeremiah is beaten by Pashur 1-2
B. Jeremiah is put in stocks 2
C. Jeremiah is released from the stocks 3
D. Jeremiah prophesies the imprisonment and death of Pashur 4-6
E. Jeremiahís bitter complaint about his plight 7-10
1. Jeremiah attempts to quit preaching. 9
2. He cannot stop. 9
II. The Prophetís Prayer 11-13
A. Jeremiah Prays to see his enemies stumble 11
1. Jeremiah might have has some of Davidís imprecatory Psalms in mind.
2. The righteous must remember that vengeance belongs to God.
B. God tests the righteous (sometimes by the wicked)
C. Jeremiah concludes his prayer with praise 13
III. The Prophetís Curse 14-18
A. The prophet curses the day he was born 14
1. What a pity party!
2. Jeremiah, Job and Jonah have something in common other than their names starting with the same letter.
3. Job expresses this same opinion
Job 3.3 "May the day perish on which I was born, And the night in which it was said, ĎA male child is conceived.í
4. So does Jonah
Jonah 3.3 "Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!"
B. Quit belly-aching and go to work!
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion