1) Why do we need the Holy Spirit’s Baptism
I. The breathe of God
a. Ezekiel 37.
b. The breathe gives you life.
II. The River of God.
a. Ezekiel 47.
b. Revelation 22.
1. Notice that the river life brought forth the tree of life which yielded fruit.
2. Are you barren? (un-fruitful)
a. A barren church is a dry church.
b. A barren church is a boring church.
c. A barren church is in a rut. (Mark 5:35-40)
d. A barren church is in need of an interruption.
d. The river flows for you and this church.
e. The river flows to you and this church.
f. The river can flow from you and his church.
III. The Fire of God.
a. Ezekiel 38.
b. The Spirit, like fire, melts the heart, burns up the dross, and kindles pious and devout affections in the soul; in which, as in the fire on the altar, the spiritual sacrifices are offered up.
c. Fire is the presence of God.
d. Fire gets you moving.
e. Fire gets you motivated.
f. Fire gives you manifestations.
1. Read 1 Corinthians 12:7-11.
IV. When the Holy Spirit is Invited.
a. The Holy Spirit is needed to live an abundant life.
b. Most Christians (and many churches as well) don’t utilize it.
c. The Holy spirit is:
1. power to witness.
2. power to hear God’s voice.
3. power to have a heart like God’s heart and love like God loves.
4. power to be holy.
5. power to anticipate the future.
6. power to pray.
d. When the Holy Spirit is present in “Power”
1. Worship becomes exciting.
2. God will use us in spite of our talents.
3. Lives are changed.
4. Hearts are touched.
5. Numerical growth occurs.
6. More importantly – spiritual growth occurs.
V. 7 Steps to being Baptized in the Spirit.
a. Be Saved.
b. Be Obedient.
c. Have Thirst or Desire.
d. Ask to receive it.
e. Must drink after accepting it.
f. Have faith to receive.
g. Expect to do miracles.
1) 1 Kings 18.
2) Call down the fire from heaven.