Summary: The Five Faces of Amazing Grace is intented to educate about the multi-purposes of God’s grace.
The Five Faces of Grace
Intro: What We Know About Grace:
(1) How It Can Manifest Itself In The Believer
- Walks with God Regardless of Surroundings
- Works For God Doing Unbelievable Tasks
- Willing to Believe (Faith) the Unbelievable
- Witnesses for God
- Worships God Both in the Valley & on Mtn.
(2) How God Operates By Grace
- God Initiates; w/o merit, w/o works
- God Requires Repentance from the Recipient
- God Requires a Sacrifice For His Grace
- God Anoints the Recipient
- God Expects Worship and Works from Recipient
2nd Corinthians 9:8 God is able to make all grace abound toward you
James 4:6 But God giveth more grace.
1. Grace Redeems:
a. by Christ Romans 3:24
b. through the blood – Ephesians 1:7
c. without works – Romans 11:6
2. Grace Resources – Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according
to the grace that is given us……….
a. by design of God – Ephesians 3:7-8
b. for His purpose – 2nd Timothy 1:9
c. in Christ Jesus – 2nd Timothy 1:9
3. Grace Restores – Acts 20:32 Brethren, I commend you to God, & to the
word of His grace, which is able to build you up…..
a. Our Broken Fellowship – Galatians 5:4
b. Our Departure From the Gospel – Galatians 1:6
c. Our Lost Power – Ephesians 3:7
4. Grace Repairs
· between Saint and Savior
· between Saint and Self
· between Saint and Saint
c. Lost Opportunities
5. Grace Responds
a. To Grace – John 1:16
· grace given must be passed on
· grace received be shared
· grace restored must restore others
b. To Love
c. To Faith
1. Romans 3:24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
2. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace
3. Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
4. On Outline
5. Ephesians 3:7-8
Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
6. Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
7. Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace
8. Galatians 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
9. Ephesians 3:7 above # 5