The Future of the Church
Sermon shared by Jonathan Russell
Summary: Examining the churchís future from both the theological and practical aspect
Series: Church 101
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
The answer is two-sided: there is a theological answer and a practical answer
The Theological Side:
1. There will never be a time when the church does not exist (Matt. 16:18).
2. There will be times when the church falters and fails (the problems in the Corinthian church, i.e., 1 Cor. 1:10; 11:18).
3. There will come a time when the church will be perfected by Christ (Ephesians 5:25-27).
The Practical Side:
A. The church is th esum totaly of those who comprise it (aka: members).
B. The practical future of the church is dependent upon a believerís relationship with Christ!
Following the instructions of Romans 12:1-2 will ensure a bright practical future for the church:
1. REVEAL yourself to God: "offer your bodies"
2. REMOVE yourself from the world: "Do not conform"
3. REARRANGE yourself in relation to God and the world: "but be transformed"
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion